Handball rule is changing again

https://theifab.com/presentation-of-ifab-log-2020-21/

there are some slides here which explain the new laws with video examples of what would and wouldn't be ruled handball.

And yes, Jesus's goal v Spurs would still be ruled out because it "immediately" lead to a goal. It's one of the examples they use.

But it does appear that Mahrez's goal against liverpool would have stood, as apparently it isn't "immediate" when a player then has to dribble or pass the ball a further distance to create the goal scoring opportunity.
I think we’ll find — as was the case with the “well documented, exampled, and explained to all referees associations” change this season — that PGMOL will interpret the new law in whatever way they like (read allows them to more effectively influence match outcomes).

Immediately...

this is the achilles heel of technology and VAR in football and how hand ball is seen ? it should be open to judgement by the match referee and ball to arm or hand is not a foul and never should be, clearly VAR are using it to help the big 2 and how many times this season have we manchester city been punished by VAR for hand ball when clearly its ball to hand ??

i highlight the liverpool away game and spurs at home ? 2 very big game in the season and at the time season changers and would have turned around city bad season to good season ? ok they will say its only 6 points but its not ? its more impotent to moral and players not giving up and believing in the season and VAR

So scum will benefit better next season as its there turn for VAR .Penalties and handball goals they will have won the league by mid December !

Football is becoming a joke for me. Ive always blamed the pundits who blamed refs when they had the luxury of three angles of replays in super slow motion. Them decisions you would just take on the chin.

Now its like a forensic analysis, not just handballs but innocuous fouls that aren't even fouls in build up. A miniscule contact on a foot, or they zoom in contact knee to knee etc.

I much prefered human error, its just shit now. You can't even celebrate a goal anymore

I've loved football for so long but part of me didn't miss it one bit during covid bollocks.

Paying 50 quid for a match ticket or a 30 quid sky subscription then watching a goal pulled back by some bellend sitting in front of a screen with a magnifying glass on accidental handballs, "contact" and shitty VAR lines. Do me a fucking favour

The solution is quite simple; far too simple for the cretin who runs PGMOL. The same principles should apply to an attacking player as apply to a defender, with one addition.

If the attacker's hand or arm makes a move towards the ball or is in an unnatural position, then it's handball. In addition, if the ball goes directly into the net off an attacking player's arm or hand then the goal is disallowed, regardless of the circumstances.

How hard is it to make these rules FFS?
That's far too simple. You must add some needless sub clauses in order to produce controversy and a ready made excuse for bad refs.

Whatever the rule is,
  1. It should be the same for all players
  2. It should be simple
  3. It should not include references to what it could lead to
  4. It should not have phrases that are open to interpretation , beyond 'accidental'
Can't remember the handball rule or offside rule being this contentious in the 60's / 70's apart from the Leeds / WBA game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.