UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither party will be given the decision before very early Monday morning. That’s what I’ve been told anyway. I would tend to believe it as there’s been zero leaks which would’ve come had it been communicated already.
If this is correct, I'd see this as a slight positive. I find it hard to believe that club aren't given proper time (48 hours) to prepare for a negative verdict. Less time needed for an upheld appeal.

I'll be watching the CL draw 11am. I think official reactions comments will be heavily guarded but their reactions might betray some confidence about how the hearing went. I think it went well for City because of the silence from the usual suspects in the media but that's wishful thinking.

Was the delaying of the announcement a decision/agreement by UEFA and City? If that's the case, it isn't really anything to do with CAS I wouldn't have thought. CAS will have had their own timetable for giving UEFA and City the decision and then it's up to the clubs what they do with it. With that in mind, I think it's very likely City know now.
That delay was requested awhile back, there's no way CAS had informed either party by that date.

Can we be confident that City are confident that we've won at CAS?

Yes.

Can we be confident that City are confident because the bosses already know that we've prevailed at CAS?

No.

Part C, clause 50something onwards. it was posted on here (might have been Murph, apologies of not), a good few pages back and picked up on.

Hence i've been a bit of a broken record about it. They will Definately know before. How much before, hard to tell, but a couple of hours before is not really apt.

Imho, they were told, when they were told the date. I can't see how Cas could contact any given party and say, weve reached a decision heres the date we will announce it, without telling them the decision, when the mechanism is there for that to happen. Any party or their lawyers would be asking to know it, and there would be no justifiable logic for refusing to tell them. So imho, both have knowm since they have known the date. And both agreed to a date change, so both knew at that point, for me.

Thanks, I probably skipped some pages.

I can't see anything obvious about how long before they will be told, but could be wrong. There is a line of telling the results before the reasons, which says:
"The Panel may decide to communicate the operative part of the award to the parties, prior to the reasons. The award shall be enforceable from such notification of the operative part by courier, facsimile and/or electronic mail."

I'm assuming R59 here is the relevant part:
https://www.tas-cas.org/en/arbitration/code-procedural-rules.html

If this is correct, I'd see this as a slight positive. I find it hard to believe that club aren't given proper time (48 hours) to prepare for a negative verdict. Less time needed for an upheld appeal.
Surely this decision too push the date back is a agreement between City and UEFA?
Nothing too do with CAS. I also think UEFA have asked for the push back and City have agreed as a token of good faith and class. Fully aware we are cleared of all charges.

Surely this decision too push the date back is a agreement between City and UEFA?
Nothing too do with CAS. I also think UEFA have asked for the push back and City have agreed as a token of good faith and class. Fully aware we are cleared of all charges.
It is everything to do with CAS. They release their decision. Timing is CAS' with the consent of the parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.