UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if that was the case.

I would think UEFA and City would both want time to prepare a statement to be released immediately after the verdict is made public.

For both parties the decision is going to seriously effect their futures one way or the other.

I think the statement will be a bit like the one after the ban was announced - short and without much comment. They'll be pleased, or disappointed, and for the latter will be awaiting the detailed reasons. Either way, they will thank CAS for their work, and look forward to moving forward from this.

Was the delaying of the announcement a decision/agreement by UEFA and City? If that's the case, it isn't really anything to do with CAS I wouldn't have thought. CAS will have had their own timetable for giving UEFA and City the decision and then it's up to the clubs what they do with it. With that in mind, I think it's very likely City know now.

CAS are an arbitration service - they're happy to accommodate the parties involved if both agree.

Quite plausible that City and UEFA are informed of the decision at, say, 7am on Monday with an announcement at midday?
Very possible, but personally I think we will be told today, and both parties issued with a non disclosure agreement until Monday 9am.

I think the statement will be a bit like the one after the ban was announced - short and without much comment. They'll be pleased, or disappointed, and for the latter will be awaiting the detailed reasons. Either way, they will thank CAS for their work, and look forward to moving forward from this.
If we win yes, but if we loose...."irrefutable evidence" the Chairman would have to speak and have some serious answers

I think the decisive proof will be:

• If Pedro Pinto and Giorgio Marchetti are chipper and have beaming smiles today, we've lost.
  • If they're crying and muttering "fucking Mancs" under their breath, we've won.
  • If they fondle with their balls as per usual, then they're just a bit Stanley.
Though if I were UEFA and I knew we were guilty, I would be a bastard and when they draw out City have the paper read "Manchester City - Guilty" on it, and just go "oops", but I'm an arse like that.

Quite plausible that City and UEFA are informed of the decision at, say, 7am on Monday with an announcement at midday?

Wouldn't the club be provided with the written decision and need time to consider before issuing a statement?

I broadly agree but I think he made a very good point that if we win UEFA will have some explaining to do to various parties. Namely those that have been putting pressure on them to punish us.
Barefaced lying and skewing the truth is not the sole right of our politicians and / or the media.
Both Gill and Cummins represent everything I despise in people never mind their rise to positions of power.

Sorry is my naivety showing.

The verdict will not be simply just a yes or no sent to City and UEFA surely

So I do not see how anyone can be prepared, they will need to see it in its entirety
The procedure seems to be that the bare bones of the decision is released first. Then, possibly, a more detailed summary might be released later if both parties agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.