Champions League QF Draw - Lyon

Never mind always next year. Come to think of it wirh cas maybe the year after that, actually could be the year after that one.

Pep would have definitely left by then. Fuck it who wants the champs league anyhow. Boooooooooooo

Tough draw. Lyon are in a strong position with a 1-0 lead and no away goals conceded but you could easily see them struggling to get up to speed if they haven't played a meaningful match since early March. I feel we'll end up playing Juventus and then Bayern before we'd get a shot at what looks a winnable final.

But football is strange. Lyon don't necessarily have to be great, they just need to cling onto their lead and hope to make things easier by nabbing an away goal. They can still be pretty rusty by the time we could face them. That has the potential to be a relative stroll, whereas Barca and Bayern may have taken a lot out of each other just days before we could end up playing them. And in one off games, who's to say Napoli couldn't dump either out.

I doubt anybody is feeling that great about having us or Real Madrid in their side of the draw.

Great draw. If we progress we will be playing some of the most successful European teams. Growing up watching City that's what I dreamed about.

Don't get me wrong its tough route but if we somehow manage to win then it will be fully deserved.

None of those teams will get near you if you’re on blob. Juve could be tricky on paper, but your intensity will blow them away. Barca are a shell of what they were and Bayern aren’t on the same level as you football wise at the moment. But if you win it, nobody can say it was an easy draw if that’s what’s left in front of you. Nobody left in the comp will want to draw you.

We should beat Lyon and having watched Juve a few times this season and against Milan a few days ago, if we can’t beat them we don’t deserve to win it.

Bayern and maybe PSG worry me though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.