Champions League QF Draw - Lyon

So we have to beat Real Madrid , Juventus , Bayern or Barca and probably Atletico or PSG in the final , nice one UEFA absolutely no way they want us anywhere near the final , so lets prove the f*ckers wrong.

We’ve been screwed over the past few seasons but to be fair the ref was impeccable against Madrid in the first leg

One of the best, most controlled ref performances I’ve seen in CL for a long long time

No wonder no pigmol refs were involved in the last world cup....they are appalling and Riley should’ve been sacked on the spot !!

Small amendment has been made to this
If we progress through each game, our confirmed schedule is;

7th August (Friday) 8pm. Real Madrid, in Manchester.
15th August (Saturday) 8pm. Quarter Final - Lyon/Juve, @ Sporting Lisbon's ground.
19th August (Wednesday) 8pm. Semi Final - Barca/Napoli/Bayern/Chelsea, @ Benfica's ground.
23rd August (Sunday) 8pm. Final @ Benfica's ground

Semi final will also be played at Sporting's ground (Estadio Jose Alvalade).

stadio-sporting-lisbona.jpg

Its the only ground in Portugal we've ever been beaten. Add that to the list for the agenda brigade!

15th August (Saturday) 8pm. Quarter Final - Lyon/Juve, @ Sporting Lisbon's ground.
19th August (Wednesday) 8pm. Semi Final - Barca/Napoli/Bayern/Chelsea, @ Benfica's ground.

WOW...looking at that schedule of games is mind boggling. And the fact it is a straight knockout makes it so exciting. If we get through against basically a list of the top teams in Spain, Germany and Italy I can tell you that there's gonna be an awful lot of Glenmorangie drank in my house.

Weren't we first out of the hat? Why is our quarter final the last one?

Weren't we first out of the hat? Why is our quarter final the last one?
Marchetti stated it wasn't the order the games would be played prior to the draw.

As with everything else, it will be down to TV selections. A potential of Bayern v Barca and City/Real v Juve is more appealing than PSG v Atalanta and Leipzig v Atletico. Higher audiences on the Friday and Saturday than the Wednesday and Thursday I imagine. Given the way the draw worked out, the teams that have already completed their Rof16 games play each other, it allows the other sides more time to recover and acclimatise to the weather in Lisbon by having their games last too. That may have been a factor but pretty sure TV will have ultimately dictated the order.

EUFA trying to get PSG as champions.
I suppose that’s what happens when your owner pays for the TV rights, and has a foot firmly in the boys club!
Just this year, we had a funny VAR moment at Madrid when we went from penalty kick for PSG and red card for Courtois to free kick for Real.

UEFA is really showing love for PSG, isn't it ? Add the Aytekin moments or even the last second penalty for MU last year after VAR check, it is hard to say PSG has ever got a preferential treatment in CL. We also were in the hardest group last year with Napoli and Liverpool.

And to be honest, it is rather an highway for Atletico. They are the super favourites in that side of the draw.

PSG has not played since an eternity and has lost players who could have played if not Coronavirus crisis such as Cavani or Meunier. This draw would have been their best chance in years but circumstances are not in PSG favour.

I wouldn't be surprised with an Atalanta win against PSG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.