UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His character doesn’t get a pass. This is NOT his information to share, and he has (as everyone else who does such things) done it to big himself up.

I always thought the role of a good journalist was to take information that most folk don’t have access to and let other people know about it. It’s called the news and it’s essential to a free society.

I don’t know much about Ian Cheesman but I think he’s the kind of guy who would act in good faith and, while I appreciate that this is a topic that causes us all a lot of angst, it’s not nice to see misplaced aggression used against him.

What worries me and I hope this me over thinking is that last night the club briefed 2 city journalists (Blackburn and gauguan) that whatever the outcome of the appeal Kdb is open to staying.

That is no doubt fantastic news, I can’t help but feel it is a bit of damage control from the club. You just know if we do get the ban the media, fans of other clubs will be saying kdb is off blah blah blah.

just a thought.
Could have sworn that I heard/read, KDB would stay no matter the outcome, Weeks back?

Wall of silence from the media is telling, and goes to show that the underlying hatred and racism against our club and our owners when the initial public trial was ongoing and punishment given was evident in all the pleasure they took in reporting it.

That hatred and racism levelled towards our owners is still present, at the minute it is subdued because the leaks that occurred last time are not in place.

Those that leaked the info when this all began, were executing their plan in the public domain via their media connections are now blind and that is a good thing. This shows how UEFA is infested with certain vested interests from cartel mafia clubs.

It will be interesting to see how the media deal with all this in their Sunday articles, the wall of silence will be tested as those that want to see us punished - regardless of our club saying we have evidence to show no guilt - will put some anti-City pieces out as a last chance in the event should the CAS rule in our favour.

Those that are still blind enough to still read the press media and believe a narrative that serves a certain purpose, will no doubt jump on the saying that City have bought their way out of the sanction, that is something which is not new to us City fans as we have heard it all before.

However, should the CAS devision exonerate our Club and owners it will be very interesting to see what the media report and what tone their articles have.

Should we be cleared, City will need to be stronger against those that want to slander our name in the media.

Whether we then start to play hardball against certain clubs that have tried to damage us in all this saga will remain to be seen.

Fingers crossed now for Monday morning, we will all be trying to log onto the CAS website at the exact time along with those that want to the decision to go against us.

Good post. However, whatever the great unwashed ragamuffins and dipperati have to say, any journo who chances their arm by saying City got away with it or any other suggestion that City were actually guilty but escaped a ban may end up getting a letter from Messrs Sue, Grabbit and Run.

Its not Cheesy's claims that have given me more confidence of winning the appeal it is Pep's statement i don't think the club would allow him to make remarks like he did unless we knew the outcome , it would make Pep look a fool , the only doubt is if he is referring to Txiki original claim of irrefutable evidence or does the club indeed know the decision. My "guess" is both UEFA & our club already know because i can't see how CAS can inform the claimants of such a momentous decision an hour or so before the official announcement , that would be bonkers......

...................mind you they did invent Toblerones and how the hell do you get those in your gob without taking the lining off the roof of your mouth.

That’s pretty much the same as I’ve heard today tbh, from the few snippets I’ve had. Quite possible that the top hierarchy have been informed of the decision, but it’s certainly not an open secret at the club that we’ve won. Just hope Cheeseman’s tweet was well sourced. Going to be a long weekend either way.

Still nobody speaking at City willing to/can call it.

Anybody relying on Friday's World Exclusive from Ian Cheeseman wants their bumps felt.

I'm honestly sick of reading this guys name. On Twitter the other day there was his regular flock of 20 followers demanding the club give him a lifetime 'press pass' !!!!!

He was sacked by the BBC. Had subsequent local radio shows cancelled. And has now had his 'match day vlogs' with City cancelled.

As sad as it is for the man, he is just too unfashionable for modern media. There is just not enough viewers or listeners interested.

There are wide scale redundancies across all media platforms. Do any other reporters having to rethink their careers campaign for a charity pass ??? Of course not.

And now he chooses to pull Friday's rabbit out of the hat which supporters desperate for good news latch on to.

I pray we are cleared on Monday, but Cheeseman's tweet was a desperate post from a desperate man which everybody should ignore.

None of that has to mean he is wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.