Your most nervous City match ever

Newcastle away and Everton away in the title seasons of 2012 and 2014, was in attendance at both and extremely nervous at both. Bradford away, Blackburn away, Birmingham at home just before it, Wigan away and home, semi final v scum, Everton away in fa cup 2 all (nervous due to various near death experiences), charlton home, all had their nervy moments either before, during or after the game

The first hour of the Blackburn promotion game in 2000. City were lucky to survive the first half and went behind in the second half. Blackburn hit the post or bar 4 times. All ended well though.

May 1968 Newcastle away.
Same for me. It went 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 2,3, 2-4, 3-4. The last few minutes were horrendous.

As it happened, it would not have mattered if City had lost with Sunderland winning at the Swamp. But we didn’t know that was going to happen.

Nervous for most of the big ones but the latter stages of the 2011 FA Cup Final was pure agony, 35 years and all that.....

Blackburn away in 2000 or so. I was there, and I was a nervous wreck before the game. Shaking like a leaf. I'd never felt like that before or since.

It was a horrible day all round looking back.

I was pumped up on the high of promotion, bounced into my local pub after the game to be met with sad faces and the awful news one of my closest friends had suddenly died earlier that day.

All those nerves, all the excitement of promotion, put firmly in their place by the realities of life.

Football didn't mean anything that night as I strolled home with tears of sadness running down my cheeks.

Apart from the ones already mentioned the Tottenham match in the league towards the end of last season. They had several chances and it would have been too much to lose that after going out of the CL.
I was at work for the spurs game but spent pretty much the whole game stood outside watching through the window bouncing around like St Vitus and smoking tab after tab.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.