Neil Young

Not been able to get 'Drifting back' out of my head for about a day and a half after listening to it.

It's a great sound, I just wish it was about a 7 minute delight than a half hour endurance..........

Musical genius , one of Canada's finest.

One of the measures of musical greatness is how often you are covered by other musicians of note and Neil is right up there.

Not many cross the country and rock genre as often and as effectively as Neil has if any.

The man in black introduced brass into mainstream country and Harvest introduced the orchestra.

Anybody who hasn't listened to Harvest is much poorer for not doing so.

Really enjoying Homegrown.

I'd heard Separate Ways and Try on bootlegs but never Vacancy or We Don't Smoke It.

It is a bit weird to think that had this album been released at the time as originally intended then American Stars n Bars and Hawks & Doves would be very different or maybe wouldn't have come out at all.

I love the acoustic version of White Line too.

Saw Bob Dylan and Neil Young last summer. Neil Yoing was particularly good and seemed to enjoy himself.
Young joined Dylan and his band for Johnny Cash’s Will the Circle Be Unbroken. It was the first time they had played together since 1992.

Was at that concert. Fantastic weekend in Kilkenny. I thought Bob was in great form as well.

That's interesting - I saw them both at Hyde Park last year, and while Neil Young was fatastic, Dylan was a shell of his former self and could no longer perform the songs. They were all rearranged beyond recognition and he sort of sung/spoke over the top.

That's interesting - I saw them both at Hyde Park last year, and while Neil Young was fatastic, Dylan was a shell of his former self and could no longer perform the songs. They were all rearranged beyond recognition and he sort of sung/spoke over the top.
That sounds like the guy I saw at the MEN probably about 15 years ago - completely unrecognisable..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.