CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Oh it most definitely is! Any authority that issues punishments without due process let alone sufficient evidence and has that decision so publicly turned over ends up with some serious egg on its face?

You’re giving people too much credit. Do you really think deeply bitter fans of other rival clubs are going to think like that? Despite what the ruling says, we’re guilty and have somehow bought our way out of trouble in the eyes of everyone else. I’m personally not even going to attempt to correct them but will instead embrace their thinking any simply laugh at them

18297.jpg

Can't leave Mike out

I’ve got tears in my eyes, not heard a peep from any Scousers or rags.

We’ve done it, we beaten the cartel!!!!
Still heard nothing this morning from any of them, they’ve read my messages in the group chat too.

They know it’s over.

Tick fucking tock

We haven’t been exonerated, as such.

Reading it, it seems like UEFA couldn’t prove we were guilty to a good enough extent so the ban has been overturned but it hasn’t been proven that we did nothing wrong.

This is great for the club being able to play in the CL next season and ongoing, but hasn’t done anything for our reputation like being absolved of guilt/proven innocence would have done.
This is as close as we were going to get to exoneration, mate.

CAS was never going to be able to (or would as matter of function) unequivocally dismiss any and all accusations against us. This was a narrow review and decision, and we were really always going to be found guilty of noncooperation, because it is true.

But, contrary to what dippers and rags are saying right now, that noncooperation was entirely expected and, in a very real sense, justified. Their clubs would have done the same had UEFA continually come back to attempt to punish them for the same “offences” (many of which literally only existed because the regulatory body levying them changed rules/expectations as they enforced said rules) that they had ALREADY excepted punishment for (as a sort of olive branch, no less).

This recent battle was *at least* the third time UEFA attempted to impose sanctions for the exact same supposed violations. This would be considered farcical and illegal in any other regulatory environment.

This judgement is basically a Goldilocks outcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.