CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Without derailing such a joyous thread (this might be one for the media thread), I agree and think it's a stark example of a wider trend in journalism.

Where once we had news (in its widest sense), now we have views. There's gotta be views in match reports because they must be subjective to avoid being a rolling transcript of who did what, and of course opinion pieces. But there's been so much opinion stuff masquerading as news reporting that it demeans what should be a noble craft.

So yeah. And FWIW, here's a subjective hot take, but anyone else getting the vibe from the UEFA statement that the wider (parent) organisation is "noting" the failings of its panels so it can start cleaning house? I know that's been speculated a lot on here over the last few months. Just found that wording interesting. But maybe I'm totally wrong.

Absolutely, I've got a follow-up reply somewhere in the thread, but essentially you see this a lot across any area in journalism that requires expertise (most papers had one or two writers with actual science backgrounds, now they don't which mean some terrible science gets published). But it's been a major, major problem in this case which was crying out for cool heads and transnational legal expertise. Even now, narratives about city being innocent/not innocent, FFP are worthless. There's essentially no serious analysis. It's really something to see.

To incompetent greedy UEFA, its biased Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) and media leaking Investigatory Chamber (IC) and its ‘noble & esteemed grandee’ members.
I say to you, up Yours.

To UEFA’s unfair and elite protectionist Financial Fair Play regulations.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Javier Tebas.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Bayern Munich and Uli Hoeness.
I say to you, up Yours.

To der Spiegel.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Miguel Delaney.
I say to you, up Yours.

To ‘Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea. The established and jealous European elite Premier League clubs who collectively over the years rigged the PL and CL so they would profit and suppress any other PL club’s ability to challenge their dominance. Also, Spurs, Leicester, Burnley, & Wolves (yes really Wolves) who collectively with this elite corresponded to the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) to protest at, and seek to prevent, City delaying their appeal even though City had not petitioned the court to ask for such a delay and it and had clearly stated they had no such intention of doing so.
I say to you, up Yours.

To hacker Rui Pinto.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Arsène Wenger.
I say to you, up Yours.

To the biased media, press and TV pundits who attack City relentlessly, from an anti-Arab ownership racist platform.
I say to you, up Yours.

To jealous fans of rival clubs.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Wolves, who declined to join the other 8 top ten clubs in the PL in contacting CAS with a view to shafting City.
I say to you, mega Respect to you as a club and I wish you success for the future.

The last bit needs amending to Sheffield Utd mate :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.