The whisky thread

Wandering around Sainsbury’s the other day I saw The Pogues Irish Malt whiskey on special offer with apx £7 off. Thought I’d give it a try and it’s really tasty stuff! Definitely a bargain at £18.
Also noticed in Booths last night that they have Smokehead on offer with £10 off.

Mrs Hef got me 10yr old single malt called Laphroaig for Fathers’ Day - I’m yet to try it though

My Mrs bought me Laphroaig (not Laphroaig Select) for my birthday, as she has done for years. I love it - very smoky, and different from most others, but i love it - it's addictive. To be savoured.

Wandering around Sainsbury’s the other day I saw The Pogues Irish Malt whiskey on special offer with apx £7 off. Thought I’d give it a try and it’s really tasty stuff! Definitely a bargain at £18.
Also noticed in Booths last night that they have Smokehead on offer with £10 off.
Hmmm I might make a trip to Booths then. Smokehead’s a great whisky and I quite like the fact that it’s a closely guarded secret which distillery it comes from, people guess at Ardbeg etc but no punters really know.

I was lucky enough to have a Smokehead 18 a while back and it was fantastic but after reading your post I’ve just looked it up and it’s now in the region of 200 quid!!!!

My Mrs bought me Laphroaig (not Laphroaig Select) for my birthday, as she has done for years. I love it - very smoky, and different from most others, but i love it - it's addictive. To be savoured.

I got a bottle of that a few years ago and it came with free cuff links, one saying Love It and the other Hate It. Sums it up for me really - a lot of people can take the taste of it but I love it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.