Prestwich_Blue

This is very embarrassing. But don't stop! Seriously, I'm so grateful for all the support I've had on here.

I'm really overwhelmed by all the love but no doubt we'll get back to normal soon. Kudos as well to posters like @projectriver, @City_rabin and all the others who've made really insightful and intelligent contributions to the debate. Got to say my head's all over the place today and had to take the afternoon off. It really does feel like that amazing day in May 2012, with the combination of confidence and nerves beforehand then the euphoria afterwards.

It's also felt quite scary and lonely at times, when the whole weight of the media seems to be against you and particularly when it gets personal but sometimes you have to be brave and stick up for your beliefs. It's fun today watching some of the media ****s squirm, twisting and turning to try and justify their spite and ignorance.

I hope the club now have the bottle to go onto the front foot and start taking their revenge against those who've tried to destroy us.

I made my attitude to PB quite clear on the UEFA FFP thread a short while ago but I'm going to repeat it because it should be repeated over and over again.

When the ban was announced in February reaction among blues seemed to be one of two extremes : blind anger, wanting to "call them out". take 'em to the cleaners and so on or craven submission because "they must have something on us" and "evidence we don't know about". These were actually two faces of panic. The only, or at least one of a very few, calm, rational and informed analysis trying to understand what the issues were and where we actually stood were those vlogs which PB had done which cast the cool, objective accountant's eye over what was obviously the crucial evidence in the whole matter and relating it to time limits and so on. And this never stopped. While blues were vacillating wildly between euphoria and depression PB was keeping the voice of reason and objectivity still audible and explaining what the evidence was and what he had heard from those at the club, rather than the "gut instincts" that we'd be shafted "because that's what the cartel want". He was aided by others from the City hall of fame - projectriver, tolmie, Ric, petrusha to name but a few - and they kept the voice of fairness loud and strong in the face of the grating rants of the conn artists in the media. City had a case to make and they made it, cogently and firmly. Thanks PB. Thanks lads. You (and the club) meant I got a good night's sleep on Sunday and was in no way surprised when the decision was announced. Relieved but my nerves were nowhere near shredded.

Very well said

My point on non cooperation was it was highly subjective and would not in itself amount to a ban and therefore a red herring. That was correct.

Erm, was it, and is it what you argued? Not really.

Your input was highly informative and enjoyable though, so you can have that one.

Still buzzing.

I made my attitude to PB quite clear on the UEFA FFP thread a short while ago but I'm going to repeat it because it should be repeated over and over again.

When the ban was announced in February reaction among blues seemed to be one of two extremes : blind anger, wanting to "call them out". take 'em to the cleaners and so on or craven submission because "they must have something on us" and "evidence we don't know about". These were actually two faces of panic. The only, or at least one of a very few, calm, rational and informed analysis trying to understand what the issues were and where we actually stood were those vlogs which PB had done which cast the cool, objective accountant's eye over what was obviously the crucial evidence in the whole matter and relating it to time limits and so on. And this never stopped. While blues were vacillating wildly between euphoria and depression PB was keeping the voice of reason and objectivity still audible and explaining what the evidence was and what he had heard from those at the club, rather than the "gut instincts" that we'd be shafted "because that's what the cartel want". He was aided by others from the City hall of fame - projectriver, tolmie, Ric, petrusha to name but a few - and they kept the voice of fairness loud and strong in the face of the grating rants of the conn artists in the media. City had a case to make and they made it, cogently and firmly. Thanks PB. Thanks lads. You (and the club) meant I got a good night's sleep on Sunday and was in no way surprised when the decision was announced. Relieved but my nerves were nowhere near shredded.
You've very modestly omitted your own name from the City hall of fame. I've always found that your posts add something to the debate, so thank you for that.

This is very embarrassing. But don't stop! Seriously, I'm so grateful for all the support I've had on here.

I'm really overwhelmed by all the love but no doubt we'll get back to normal soon. Kudos as well to posters like @projectriver, @City_rabin and all the others who've made really insightful and intelligent contributions to the debate. Got to say my head's all over the place today and had to take the afternoon off. It really does feel like that amazing day in May 2012, with the combination of confidence and nerves beforehand then the euphoria afterwards.

It's also felt quite scary and lonely at times, when the whole weight of the media seems to be against you and particularly when it gets personal but sometimes you have to be brave and stick up for your beliefs. It's fun today watching some of the media ****s squirm, twisting and turning to try and justify their spite and ignorance.

I hope the club now have the bottle to go onto the front foot and start taking their revenge against those who've tried to destroy us.

I echo the thoughts of others. You've always taken the time to provide detail of City's accounts and what they mean for the club. And you've taken the time and patience to eloquently put your thoughts across, despite the chaos that the thread became. Lots of people unwilling to read the thread in detail and asking the same questions, when taking the time to read your posts would have been sufficient!

Projectriver also gave everyone a great summary of the legal case and what the likely implications were.

I was always confident based on the time limit and the club's stance on things. But I also enjoyed the sheer panic and drama from others. It's very much the off pitch version of 2012.

Let's go and win the FA Cup and Champions League now and really put the nail in UEFA's coffin!

Thanks Colin, a chicken tikka masala and as many poppadoms as you can eat is on me next time I see you and young Andy.

Cheers PB, keep up the good work. Without you and a few others, most of us in bluemoon wouldn’t have a clue how FFP really works and how they’ve tried to fuck us over.

Said it in the main thread and will do again here, he has worked his arse off to keep us all in the loop with facts, not fiction.

Brilliant job.

PB is probably over on RAWK right now getting himself banned...:)

But yes indeed; gratitude is very much in order to PB, project, Tolmie, petrusha et al who kept many of us sane (not Leroy) this past few months with their reasoned and knowledgeable posts. Top top work guys. Thanks again.
I wholeheartedly echo Bongo's comments and those of other blues. The stakes have been so high that your posts have ben reassuring against the weight of media and opposition shit we have had to put up with. The amount of work you have all had to put in to research, post, respond on a continual loop must have been immense. It is greatly appreciated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.