Martin Samuel appreciation

This is the thing, we don't want Journos blowing smoke up us, Samuels has been critical when warranted.

We just want fair & balanced reporting and he is one of a very small number.

Blimey Ancoats, glad to see the gloom has lifted.;)

just a realist hahaha
i hate uefa and the dirty tricks they have up their sleeves and VAR. we have already seen us done over in europe with VAR so am not 100%, but the clouds are lifting and the win at CAS will make me feel a lot better until the champions league starts hahahhaha

Sorry to give this it's own thread, but i truly think it deserves one. Absolute brilliant piece of journalism by Martin here, and not just because it's on City's side but because he is telling the whole facts and not just the ones to suit his own personal agenda:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...lost-appeal-against-European-ban-CRUSHED.html
Samuel has written articles with great content all through this pantomime.
If you scroll down and read Ian Herbert’s article, you’ll find that not so uplifting!!!

the premier league investigation into man city was on the back of the uefa ban and CAS verdict ? city was cleared so i would think the premier league will back off and don't get involved because, they (premier league) will know city are not messing about anymore and will take on anybody
We won't know until the CAS details are given if we have been cleared on time limitation or lack of evidence or our own demonstration of the source of funding? Our enemies are not going to give up until they have exhausted all possibilities of taking us down. As you say we have shown we are up for the fight.

Sorry to give this it's own thread, but i truly think it deserves one. Absolute brilliant piece of journalism by Martin here, and not just because it's on City's side but because he is telling the whole facts and not just the ones to suit his own personal agenda:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...lost-appeal-against-European-ban-CRUSHED.html
Thank you for posting, what a magnificent article from the best sports reporter in the UK.

I hope everyone on here respects Martin Samuel, he has supported us every inch of the way, and I for one will always have nothing but respect for that.
Thank you Martin!

We won't know until the CAS details are given if we have been cleared on time limitation or lack of evidence or our own demonstration of the source of funding? Our enemies are not going to give up until they have exhausted all possibilities of taking us down. As you say we have shown we are up for the fight.

i think the time bar limitation is dating back to the first time in 2014 and we can not be re-punished for something we have already been punished for as for the sponsorship deal with the etihad then we was found not guilty

i think the time bar limitation is dating back to the first time in 2014 and we can not be re-punished for something we have already been punished for as for the sponsorship deal with the etihad then we was found not guilty
It's not. I assume that's also a rule though. Our initial fine and squad reduction was because our income exceeded our outgoings too much (after they changed the rules last minute) whereas these allegations were that the income that we did declare wasn't really what we claimed it was. But it's UEFA's own rules that put the 5 year limit on it. The CAS don't have that rule, but have to base it on the rules of the competition as written by UEFA. And given that they wrote the rules, it's amazing that they would then bring them to court, unless the only reason to do so is to further smear us. They know that if they bring inadmissible evidence, even if it's bollocks, it will be reported, and the story won't be that we were cleared of all charges, it will be that we were cleared of all charges and that some of the evidence was inadmissible. And in the hands of a willing media, that would then be quickly turned into "they were cleared of all charged because some of the evidence was inadmissible."

I wonder what Pep makes of all the vitriol aimed against us.

I bet it has surpassed anything Pep has experienced anywhere else.

On the plus side Pep loves a good scrap.It might make him stay with us longer.

Brilliant, as ever!

I have always been a staunch supporter of Martin Samuel, even if he does write fir the daily mail. He is always, honest, fair and impartial.

Always has, I won't say a good word fir City, but a fair word.

He should always be welcomed at the club and if possible without it being too obvious given better and preferential treatment to that given to his industry colleagues.

Thank you Martin for your continued impartial writings, please keep up your great work across the football spectrum!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.