Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In before the “Garcia is garbage, get rid!” off the back of a substitute appearance at RB.

Edit: too late...
In my defense I've been saying this for months and it has nothing to do with the fact that he played RB.
The truth is that when he came in as a right-back I was really happy, I thought maybe he could be a good RB because he can not be a CB in the Premier League

Yes they were but he is 19 and his good defending at CB has far outweighed his errors. He just needs to make sure he learns every game

No pace, strength or height. He’s decent on the ball but never going to be a top class centre back unfortunately.

The reason he played at RB was because we couldn't play out from the back well in the 1st half with Walker, Stones, Ota and Mendy. Stones and Ota didn't move the ball quickly enough to get up the pitch and Walker couldn't play it forward and when he did Bernardo also gave the ball away a lot. Pep had Garcia to try to find Foden along with Raheem to try to get a hold of the ball. He also didn't have Garcia go forward as much.

That said you can say it didn't work, but a lot had to do with the CB's lack of ability on the ball esp. Otamendi. The best CB partnership right now is Laporte and Garcia because of their ability to play it quickly. Then you have Walker as the RB. When you have that and you can sustain the attacks longer and have less defending to do.

Top talent but not ready for the crunch games in the CL. Pep has to find a solution. Hopefully Stones improves, he's potentially the best option now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.