100 Points Club

At my age I probably shouldn’t take such childish pleasure from their failure to get 100, but I absolutely do. I was right behind the flight of the ball at Southampton as it bounced in from Jesus and I thought then it was a goal that had set an unbeatable record. So pleased to be proved right, and I love how disappointed the deluded ones are.
I must have been next to you at Southampton. I can honestly say that the Jesus goal almost gave me as much pleasure as 9320. I was stunned. I was sure it was a moment in history and am convinced that record will never be broken. For me, after supporting City for 54 years, I believe that getting 100 points is our greatest achievement.
Call me bitter but I sat through Liverpool's match last night with a smile on my face. If all their team played with the intensity of Mane and Andy Robertson (both world-class in my view) they would have beaten our record. We learned last night that Salah and Firmino are not quite the players the media says they are.

We only lost two games in that 100 point season. 4-3 away to Liverpool and 2-3 at home to United. Close games lost by 1 point, and we were good enough to win both games. They've lost 3-0 to Watford, 4-0 to us, and let Arsenal end their top 6 hoodoo after being in front. Yet pundits think they were unlucky.

They'll end of 96 and use it as a candle waving exercise. Don't you just know it!

They'll end of 96 and use it as a candle waving exercise. Don't you just know it!

I was literally just about to post this. You know the media will raise it at every given moment and it will be turned into some form of unheralded genius on Klopps part.

Either way, I'm happy with City having the two greatest league seasons in English football history. Would be great if Liverpool fail to reach 98 points - WE GO AGAIN LADS.

I must have been next to you at Southampton. I can honestly say that the Jesus goal almost gave me as much pleasure as 9320. I was stunned. I was sure it was a moment in history and am convinced that record will never be broken. For me, after supporting City for 54 years, I believe that getting 100 points is our greatest achievement.
Call me bitter but I sat through Liverpool's match last night with a smile on my face. If all their team played with the intensity of Mane and Andy Robertson (both world-class in my view) they would have beaten our record. We learned last night that Salah and Firmino are not quite the players the media says they are.
Was it you that landed on top of me in the celebration ?

We all must have been in the same seat. After Aguerooooo, not even Kompany's "No Vinnie No" goal last season got me like that moment, especially coming so late.

Just remind me, how many teams are in this club? It seems that it's such a record there can't be many. And I've heard that membership might be extended to those who nearly get a hundred, say, ninety-nine! I don't agree with it, 'cos every time yer have a Cadbury's flake in an ice cream cornet yer will be reminded that 99 is one short.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.