Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s 19 and it’s his first season with professional football. We need to be patient and give him time. He won’t turn world class overnight after playing against shite with legs on EDS level. Has been way better than Stones and Otamendi this season. Does need to put on some muscle though.

I find it a little weird that Pep hasn’t given any chances to THB, who’s much more physical and also quicker. Even though I rate Garcia highly, I think THB has the bigger potential

Can't blame him for the second goal tonight. Walker fails to make a proper tackle and Mendy plays him onside as he is in fucking no-mans land.

It was out other £50m+ defenders we can look to tonight. Generally terrible performance from the midfield with no protection for the back four.

So in order to be a world class centre back you have to be tall and quick, built like a boxer?

cannavaro wasn’t tall, Maldini wasn’t built to muscle players off the ball. What can separate Garcia is the way he reads the game
Will you guys keep mentioning Cannavaro every time we talk about his height? That's my opinion and you know what? If he was playing for United for example people would speak here completely differently about him. It's just hard for you to admit that your expectations of him are unrealistic. If he is so good and has a bright future, why would the vast majority of the people here in the forum want Koulibaly or another senior CB and not give Garcia the keys as a starter and brin squad players to replace Ota and stones?. I wish I'm wrong about him

I won’t be blaming the kid, when he has 3 other experienced defenders next to him and he was no worse than any of them.

What I will say is, he has no chance of being considered top class in a side that defends like this current City team. He needs to be playing in Peps Barca/Bayern sides, or the City 17/18 side, where it was total domination and very little defending to do. He can’t look good in a side like this, where the next defensive fuck up is never far away. He simply doesn’t have the right attributes for a team that can’t defend, he will stand out like a sore thumb.

I won’t be blaming the kid, when he has 3 other experienced defenders next to him and he was no worse than any of them.

What I will say is, he has no chance of being considered top class in a side that defends like this current City team. He needs to be playing in Peps Barca/Bayern sides, or the City 17/18 side, where it was total domination and very little defending to do. He can’t look good in a side like this, where the next defensive fuck up is never far away. He simply doesn’t have the right attributes for a team that can’t defend, he will stand out like a sore thumb.

Spot on.

The ball in behind to fast forwards is a worry also with our high line.

Definitely not the answer unless he grows 3 inches and gets faster. I would have rather had John Stones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.