Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

How the fuck can a team that outscores every other team year in year out, be so fucking clueless at even getting a shot on goal?

What's the point of side to side passing in front of a brick wall defence completed by the occasional cross to a dwarf size forward line. I mean it's just shocking to see, and shows how any side that is prepared to defend as a team and play on the break, will take us to the cleaners.

The only positive is it wasn't United and by losing we've avoided that same outcome against them in the final.

Time for a Big rethink Pep because that was absolute dogshite.

That had nothing to do with Arsenal despite what the commentary tried to have us believe, they were there for the taking if we wanted it, they didn’t play phenomenally well, they just did their basics competently which is what Southampton and all the others that have beaten us this season have done to.

This wasn’t a game where players played poorly and made mistakes, it was a game that highlighted the glaring deficiencies in our system. no real surprise Arteta is aware of them as to be expected but the worrying thing is the likes of Southampton are doing it too. You take away the space for our one attack pattern on the inside of the fullback and were absolutely clueless.

I’ve never seen a team camp on the edge of the oppositions box and do fucking nothing with the ball for 10 minute periods before launching a pointless cross to the one person in the box.

When the opponents do that you have to draw them out or you have to go wide, they wasn’t coming out no matter what so we went wide but nobody was getting in the box, Jesus was in the box alone surrounded by defenders, david silva would join from time to time but that’s it. Sterling and mahrez/Foden we’re keeping out wide when they wasn’t delivering balls instead of getting in around the back post meaning they may as well had gone and sat down on the halfway line for all the threat they caused, Kdb went to the right to deliver, walker dropped into midfield which should have allowed Rodri to push in to the box too as time ran out but that didn’t happen either.

We don’t score late goals in tight games or come from behind late on anymore because we don’t apply any real pressure on their goal, Liverpool got so many late goals this season because they apply real pressure, they put quality in and get numbers in the box, we just go side to side in front of an organised unit and fizzle out. I can’t even name a solitary chance we had after going 2-0 down despite having 92% of the ball. Our attack is a bigger concern than our defence

The first half was a disgrace the lack of effort was unforgivable. Second half the effort was there again at least but it was an increasingly familiar story. Our attack right now doesn’t have enough variety or pace to win titles, we’ve lost Sane and we’ve turned sterling into something closer to the type of player we already have in abundance, far too many players wanting to do the same thing.
I’ve No real complaints with the defence today, The first was a good goal and the second was a consequence of the way we play with the high line, Garcia isn’t quick enough to play for us in this system, you either change the system or you need pace at CB.

I don’t think I’ve been this angry at City and their performance (no ref/opposition/bar influence) for a long long time, probably since Wigan in the cup final. There’s a big job to do this summer, smashing 6 past relegation fodder isn’t going to mask it

Thank fuck for covid, I’d be distraught if I had travelled down to Wembley for that.

Thank fuck for COVID?
Are you serious,my wife is still recovering from that !
10/10 for being crass

This Thread will now Surpass The CAS One

Omg we actually Lost

Ffs some of you need to get a grip

They can't Muller teams all the time

Not the time to be slagging them off

We had a great result of at CAS This week

Have The best Coach in the World

With an exciting team to watch

And I rather see City go down than witnessing tactics like Arsensl Employed Tonight
Arsenal played exactly the right kind of tactics tonight to beat us something which is becoming rather easy to achieve.
As always some of the critiscism is unsavoury and in some cases unfair. But we do appear to be a team in decline and badly need the right kind of new blood. If Pep is still the best coach in the world he has a golden chance to prove it because if he gets us across the line to win the CL on the available evidence he will be a miricle worker.

I feel weirdly excited. There's no getting away from the fact that we need a revamp, and we also have the cash to do it. I think we're gonna spend heavy in the summer and be a monster next year. Just a gut feeling. This is the flames, and a pheonix is gonna be formed in it.

Tend to agree.

Teams have worked us out, just let us play the ball side to side in front of their penalty box then catch us on the break. Every fucking time.

I fear that 17/18 and 18/19 were the anomalies and 16/17, 19/20 are the norm. One last chance to redeem this season or it's 2 all in the end-of-season reports. Straight into 20/21 means very little time to fix things.

We got beat deservedly. Stay humble. We are not shit. However where is Edin Dzeko. .. ?
No we’re not shit but we’ve regressed. Lost Sane, David leaving, Aguero & Fern a year older and more injury prone and recent replacements not been up to scratch (Cancelo and Rodri). Foden is a positive but some big changes needed, left back, centre half, centre mid, winger and forward needed if we want to improve

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.