Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
reliably average when up against better teams and has no purpose in our team - unfortunately i think we are stuck with him

As a link man between defence and attack he is far too laboured, play slows down too much when he gets the ball, 'Dinho would drive forward in those situations where there isn't an obvious pass on.

Genuinely forgot he was playing for long periods of time. No movement or collecting the ball. Definitely our poorest player on the park and did not allow for Sterling or Mahrez to play how they should have been playing.

Rodri should have started as he would have given us something.

reliably average when up against better teams and has no purpose in our team - unfortunately i think we are stuck with him

I have the same were stuck with him feeling, wish we would get rid this window.

Is it asking to much for a 6 to be able to pass a decent ball forward.

And then show a bit of aggression and pace when we have to defend a counter.

Lacks pace... has had a poor season.. Has had a few good games when given time on the ball but is very poor under pressure. It is a near impossible task to fill Fernies boots.

He can be useful from time to time and puts in the odd quality performance where hordes of people come in here and say “where are the Gundo doubters now”, but overall, he is one of the players in this squad that we can easily improve on and it’s been glaringly obvious for the past season or two.

Yes, he’s been a bit of a scapegoat, but equally he’s too slow and too passive, which has been the story of this side on far too many occasions this season. We need to be injecting energy into this team and I personally feel he’s just clogging up squad space for someone that could bring that positivity into the squad.

He’s been a decent servant to us in Pep’s reign, but some serious changes need making and personally finding Gundo a new challenge and bringing in a younger alternative is one of the key signings for me and has been for a while. I just know it’s never going to happen though as Pep just has too much respect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.