Should we chuck the European Champions League this summer?

I've got an even better idea that will really hurt the FA, UEFA, and all the other corrupt haters...why don't City stop playing football and start playing NETBALL? I reckon KDB and Foden will be naturals at it. It wouldn't take long to train them all up and, as far as i'm aware, it's nowhere near as corrupt as football. And...we'd have the biggest Netball stadium in the world. Doesn't one of the Neville brothers play on the women's netball team? If he can do it....

We are out of the FA cup. Only up side is 1 less game to play. But the EC will be gruelling and, given our draw, very difficult to win. It will take us up to the start of next season with little rest. UEFA will do all they can to stuff us anyway. It will also always have an asterisk - especially if we win it. I am not arsed by it either way. But can see lots of positives to treatingg like pre season friendlies and if we then win it, so be it..

fuck me is there something in the water this week? this is the third ridiculous thread i've had the misfortune to stumble across in the last couple of days

Probably a too serious of a response to this candidate for best wind up thread, but whatever some fans think of this competition, the owners, and I'm sure most of the players, want this prize more than any other.

Just hope a tough, fruitless campaign doesn't set us back next season before it has even started. Liverpool are already prepping/resting with nothing to play for. We could be facing another 6 weeks of slog and no proper rest... Shit competition

Grew up in Liverpool in the 70s as a City supporter. Punched the scouser lights out for less :-)
I'd rather be playing ECL knockout games before next season than those stupid preseason tours half way around the world for made up Asian trophies
that screw us up more than anything.

I lost my lelivleyhood last week. That is a mare. This is interesting. So many slate this comp.. So many believe it is fixed... So many boo it... Yet suggest we could be half invested it as a one off in the interest of next season and people soon snap into focus. Not trolling either. Expect this to get rammed down my throat if we win it though... (all in typical good humoured Bluemoon sarcastic vitriol)
Sorry to hear about your job loss mate. I worked in a cyclical industry and endured many lay offs and I know how tough that is. I wish you well.

Sorry to hear about your job loss mate. I worked in a cyclical industry and endured many lay offs and I know how tough that is. I wish you well.
Cheers. Not in a cyclical industry so new to this. At least I still have my health (but obviously not my mental sanity)...

fuck me is there something in the water this week? this is the third ridiculous thread i've had the misfortune to stumble across in the last couple of days
It’s the curse of the new football supporter, imagine spouting some of the shit posted on here in the last few days on the kippax or boozers around Maine Road .

Hate this defeatist nonesense. Asterix my arse. The rest of the competition is being played. If you win it you win it and City have as good a team as any left in the competition. If Liverpool can score 4 against Barca last year, with the players they had available, then there's no reason we shouldn't think we can't atleast get to the final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.