Will next seasons Premier League be the best ever?

It will be a two horse race so for a neutral its not all that exciting. If anything I think people have lost interest in football, shitty VAR, covid fear etc. I bet attendances up and down the country will be down too and some clubs/fans will want to save a bit of coin

Good to see Leeds back, not my cup of tea but it was so normal to see them years ago

Worst season ever probably. I think the UK's balls up of that thing that's out there is proof enough to show where this year will go. One concert or event and cases spike and whammy, no more live football. No attendances. None.

VAR.New new handball rules should alleviate a few ones.
No crappy preseason cups. Just behind closed doors games.
Sponsorship will drop. Clubs in lower leagues will fold. Cup competitions will be a problem due to a tighter calendar.

If no fans are allowed in the stadiums it will be horrendous just like the restart.

Can perhaps expect 4 away games before the crowds are let back in, so I’ll be keeping a keen eye on who gets sent where in the opening weeks.

Maybe year after that but not the next season. One team is way too ahead right now.

It depends a lot on signings of course but 20-40 points is a huge gap for any team to close, especially without proper break and pre season. Liverpool have consistency against the weaker teams that no team has matched for 2 years now, even last year they narrowly lost due to shortcomings in bigger games. It doesn't help that they have no important players who are really declining yet like we do, it will happen in a couple of years for them.

I expect Liverpool to win it again next season and us/chelsea/rags to battle it out for other top 4 places. These 4 teams can beat each other easily on their day but that doesn't really decide leagues.
- Chelsea will continue to have random drop off games due to their young side.
- United has a tendency to go on huge impressive runs but burn players out which is unsustainable for 38 games. If they throw the cups like liverpool then they might actually challenge but I think they don't have such a loser attitude.
- Us are probably going to be missing again reliable goal scorers as I expect us to improve the defence. Hope I'm wrong again but I see another season of two 6-0 results followed by a 1-0 loss unless we improve our attacking part.
- Spurs have lots of injury prone players and no deep squad. Mournho will also be going for all the cups as he needs a trophy and they will burn out.
- Arsenal just don't have the squad to compete. Sure they can get 1 or 2 performances together but not 38.

A lot of what I said is actually what happened this season, due to lack of proper break and pre-season I expect next season to follow previous season's pattern more than it is usual. Also I don't give a fuck about any VAR conspiracy theory, it's just a desperate excuse. People are incompetent, it happens.

Maybe year after that but not the next season. One team is way too ahead right now.

It depends a lot on signings of course but 20-40 points is a huge gap for any team to close, especially without proper break and pre season. Liverpool have consistency against the weaker teams that no team has matched for 2 years now, even last year they narrowly lost due to shortcomings in bigger games. It doesn't help that they have no important players who are really declining yet like we do, it will happen in a couple of years for them.

I expect Liverpool to win it again next season and us/chelsea/rags to battle it out for other top 4 places. These 4 teams can beat each other easily on their day but that doesn't really decide leagues.
- United has a tendency to go on huge impressive runs but burn players out which is unsustainable for 38 games. If they throw the cups like liverpool then they might actually challenge but I think they don't have such a loser attitude.
- Us are probably going to be missing again reliable goal scorers as I expect us to improve the defence. Hope I'm wrong again but I see another season of two 6-0 results followed by a 1-0 loss unless we improve our attacking part.
- Spurs have lots of injury prone players and no deep squad. Mournho will also be going for all the cups as he needs a trophy and they will burn out.
- Arsenal just don't have the squad to compete. Sure they can get 1 or 2 performances together but not 38.

A lot of what I said is actually what happened this season, due to lack of proper break and pre-season I expect next season to follow previous season's pattern more than it is usual. Also I don't give a fuck about any VAR conspiracy theory, it's just a desperate excuse. People are incompetent, it happens.

On the gap to Liverpool they finished miles behind us in 17-18 and nearly won it the season after. I don’t think the current gap is a representation of where the two teams are ability wise. I don’t think the hunger and concentration was there from City and you could see that from late September onwards. Expecting City to go three in a row on titles was a big ask.

The big question for next season is how hungry will Liverpool be? They’ve had 3 decent seasons, the up and down performances they are showing now is it hangover from the league being over or something they are going to carry into the new season? It doesn’t look like they will reinforce the team which would worry me if I was a Liverpool supporter.

Nine losses for City is unthinkable, how does Pep get the relentless consistency back of the previous two seasons? If he recruits at the back and makes the midfield more mobile again we should hopefully see an upturn in performances.

Chelsea are a work in progress and I think the champions league will be a problem for the rags. We saw on Sunday that if Solksjar doesn’t play his strongest 11 every game they ain’t good enough, managing 6 champions league fixtures with Premier league football will expose that again.

There are ten teams with quality managers, most top ten teams are strong....with bottom half still good (remember some bottom sides beat top sides easy all season. )

City
Liverpool
Chelsea..... stand out.

Those first few weeks of incompetence certainly seemed to assist one team and handicap another

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.