Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most exciting football we have played was when we had a natural left footer (Sane) and natural right footer (Sterling). KDB through balls to Sane and his set ups for Sterling coming in from the opposite wing and vice versa were wonderful to watch. Now, we spend all our time coming inside from both flanks. If we are intent upon replacing Sane then, in my opinion, he has to be a genuine left footer with blistering pace, if there is one out there to buy. We also need a world class purchase to replace, the world class, Aguero. Of course, we also need CB and LB. How much is in the purse and who can we sell.

Maybe, but when I've seen Phil playing for England under-21s or taking apart Liverpool, he's so much more suited to right side of the attack, like an old-fashioned inside right.

I fear we might be losing someone this summer that we don't expect. You can never have enough good players but Torres coming in will only complicate matters further.

I do hope it isn't Bernardo.

what?! surely bernardo will get another season to get his form back?

Mahrez has been great this year and don't see that, certainly in terms of his salary and transfer cost in a downturn.

Yes, we could use him as a makeweight for somebody else, but don't think he is any rush to move on.

I think a lot of people underrate Foden? (and that's a bigger compliment to him) - I don't like seeing Pep pushing him wide left - he's absolutely phenomenal and far better suited playing out on the right.

I've not seen somebody like him in all my years covering football since Gascoigne.

Love Phil

He is the one coming through the ranks who excites me, similar to when Gazza broke through

He is a mini Johan Cruyff

Maybe, but when I've seen Phil playing for England under-21s or taking apart Liverpool, he's so much more suited to right side of the attack, like an old-fashioned inside right.

I fear we might be losing someone this summer that we don't expect. You can never have enough good players but Torres coming in will only complicate matters further.

Bernardo is the one that's concerned me for a while, just doesn't seem the same man, never mind player, as he was last year

No he was our Best player last year
Hope he stays

what?! surely bernardo will get another season to get his form back?

I don't know. I said I feared we could lose somebody and hopefully not him.

Bernie is amazing and I feel his loss of form has also been overstated. He was at such a high ceiling last year and had very little rest for 18 months.

I believe he lost focus after the racism accusations and it hurt deeply.

I don't know. I said I feared we could lose somebody and hopefully not him.

Bernie is amazing and I feel his loss of form has also been overstated. He was at such a high ceiling last year and had very little rest for 18 months.

I believe he lost focus after the racism accusations and it hurt deeply.

I'd much prefer Mahrez to be moved on that Bernardo. The former has had a good season but he doesn't fit what this team is about. Bernardo, whilst way off the paces this season offers much more when on it than Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.