Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class act are you sure??

I respect your opinion but class act not a chance

Rodri is a top player who will only get better. He has not been our problem this year. Losing Laporte and Sane (pace and unpredictability) have been the biggest issue. Rodri is one of those players that may not be flashy but is vital to how we will play next year and yes he is a class act on and off the pitch.

Back to subject - Torres and Sterling as the wide players will be very exciting next year - I think many will be surprised at how good Torres is for a 20 year old. Add Foden, Kev, Rodri and Bernardo and our midfield will be fantastic.

Wrong. Sterling Was 20 when he signed for us Jesus is 23 now. Jesus won’t ever be fit to wipe Sterling’s arse, Pep can lie all he likes about how amazing Jesus plays while you all lap it up as gospel, the first decent bid we get for him he’ll be shipped off.

So strange it’s like you lot think he’s Lionel Messi and immune to any criticism, he doesn’t score it’s ‘did you not see how much he contributed elsewhere’ and if he plays shit and taps one in against Oxfords reserves in the carabao cup it’s all ‘told you he’ll come good just needs a good run of games now’

It’s actually mental the pedestal 90% of this forum hold him on. Useless.
Thanks, your wrong though Pep won't sell him. He knows it's a team game and sees the bigger picture and what Jesus brings to the team.

Losing David Silva and Bernardo Silva and keeping Gundogan would be criminal in the extreme

Gundogan is next to useless when compared to those two and i still believe he is a major weak point in our squad. I know he is one of Peps favourites but even the bet get it wrong and I do truly believe Pep has got it wrong with his over reliance/statements of importance regarding Gundogan -

Wrong. Sterling Was 20 when he signed for us Jesus is 23 now. Jesus won’t ever be fit to wipe Sterling’s arse, Pep can lie all he likes about how amazing Jesus plays while you all lap it up as gospel, the first decent bid we get for him he’ll be shipped off.

So strange it’s like you lot think he’s Lionel Messi and immune to any criticism, he doesn’t score it’s ‘did you not see how much he contributed elsewhere’ and if he plays shit and taps one in against Oxfords reserves in the carabao cup it’s all ‘told you he’ll come good just needs a good run of games now’

It’s actually mental the pedestal 90% of this forum hold him on. Useless.

I can't believe how you could rate Jesus so poorly. He's superb, 40 goals in 100 games for us isn't too shabby! I don't see many strikers around that I'd swap him for to be honest. Perhaps Lewandowski, but he's too old now. Kane maybe, but not sure how or if he'd fit our system as well, he doesn't close down like Jesus or have the movement or technique. It's not fair to compare him to Kun, only Messi and Ronaldo are better forwards than Sergio in world football.

Videos remind me of Douglas Costa who was very good under Pep. Bursts of pace to beat a man in tight spaces

Likes to split a double team which you don’t see much anymore. That may look great on YouTube and be frustrating to watch the 800 times it doesn’t come off. Other concern is that he’s pushing the ball into space a lot to beat defenders but that may not work as well for us if the defensive line is more compact. Really intriguing for me though we need more direct dribblers

I’m completely baffled as to why people think we are losing someone. Torres is taking sane’s squad space and will be along with Sterling our lw option. Gotta keep in mind we basically want 2 players for every position and with David Silva leaving there will be plenty of minutes for the likes of mahrez, Bernardo foden etc.

Losing David Silva and Bernardo Silva and keeping Gundogan would be criminal in the extreme

Gundogan is next to useless when compared to those two and i still believe he is a major weak point in our squad. I know he is one of Peps favourites but even the bet get it wrong and I do truly believe Pep has got it wrong with his over reliance/statements of importance regarding Gundogan -

Excellent post. I agree completely. That has been probably Pep’s biggest negative, thinking the world of Gundogan. Calling him one of our best signings. Not a bad player but slow, doesn’t work hard defensively and lacks energy, you can maybe even accept all that if a player is scoring or assisting constantly, but Gundogan does neither, excellent at recycling the ball though. I’ve been looking forward to him and Otamendi leaving for a while now.

I think it could well be Bernardo or Jesus ( if we can get a high class replacement)

All day long the odd man out should be Mahrez - Our midfield/strikers next season should be Rodri, Kev, Foden & Bernardo or Torres with Sterling and Sergio up top - Bernardo can cover most positions and will get plenty of game time. I look at his work rate, how he is within the group and his strength to cover multiple positions as big positives. Mahrez seems to play better in his preferred position and that means we lose flexibility to play Raheem on the right at times.

I would hate to see Bernardo move on because he is still young and his dip this year will only be a temp blip - besides from what I see he never hides and always wants the ball. If we were to make either Mahrez or Bernardo available I can guarantee that there would be a long list wanting Bernardo at a big fee, which tells me a lot.

The fact that Jesus can play wide too will mean he stays around and then 2021 we will need a major striker signing - I'm sure the club must be planning that already, but we should be fine next year if Sergio's knee holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.