Kalidou Koulibaly

I like that Ake can play LB and CB so I feel LB is kind of covered.

Tall striker sure, but I dont think we need crazy spend to fix our squad. Our attack has never been the issue this season imo. We score loads.

We can put eight past teams when things go our way from the start, but I feel that if we fail to put the game to bed with the early chances or even go behind first, we lose our confidence and the cutting edge of the attack is blunted. Case in point, Arsenal last week and Southampton last month. I think we need a Kompany-esque leader who can fire us up when things aren't going according to plan, as well as a tall striker we can use as Plan B in the latter stages of those games when they pack the box and crosses become the only way in.

Watched him yesterday and vs Atalanta before that, and I'm not as sold on him as everyone else seems to be. He was all over the place positionally. I think there's better options out there for what we would have to pay Napoli. I'd prefer to get someone from La Liga where all teams know how to attack despite where they are on the table.

Watched him yesterday and vs Atalanta before that, and I'm not as sold on him as everyone else seems to be. He was all over the place positionally. I think there's better options out there for what we would have to pay Napoli. I'd prefer to get someone from La Liga where all teams know how to attack despite where they are on the table.

So you’ve equated one of the top 3 defenders in world football on the basis of 2 games?

He could be the most important signing since dinho, a revelation in the prem and undoubtedly would form the strongest pairing in Europe!

Last edited:
Im sure the clubs due diligence extends beyond two games, what do you reckon?

So you’ve equated one the top 3 defenders in world football on the basis of 2 games?

He could be the most important signing since dinho, a revelation in the prem and undoubtedly would form the strongest pairing in Europe!
You know, I really like that fern comparison. There was concern over his age as well (28 at the time I think), and Koulibaly does seem similar in that he's got the perfect skillset to fix a glaring hole, step right into the spine of the team and really elevate us for a few years. I hope this happens.

You know, I really like that fern comparison. There was concern over his age as well (28 at the time I think), and Koulibaly does seem similar in that he's got the perfect skillset to fix a glaring hole, step right into the spine of the team and really elevate us for a few years. I hope this happens.

coupled with being an extremely intelligent individual off the field, he speaks 4 languages fluently, undoubtedly the transition would be one of ease.... this is the signing where the money shouldn’t even be a hurdle, he puts us right back on our deserved pedestal, despite the wolves in sheep clothing from the Mersey!

So you’ve equated one of the top 3 defenders in world football on the basis of 2 games?

It's fair to say he has not had a great season at Napoli. He got his first injury in a long time, everyone at the club has a massive falling out over results, there was a mutiny, Ancelotti's system didn't suit him anything like as well as Sarri's did. Manolas came in and disrupted that CB group a bit as well.

But I'm more interested in how he performed under Sarri, given how similar it is to Pep's system and given how this season has been a car crash for Napoli all round.

what are the better options please, and approx costs involved

It's fair to say he has not had a great season at Napoli. He got his first injury in a long time, everyone at the club has a massive falling out over results, there was a mutiny, Ancelotti's system didn't suit him anything like as well as Sarri's did. Manolas came in and disrupted that CB group a bit as well.

But I'm more interested in how he performed under Sarri, given how similar it is to Pep's system and given how this season has been a car crash for Napoli all round.

That wasn’t what I was responding to, it was that he was able to make his mind up after 2 games.... I’ve watched him countless times and his season isn’t anywhere near as bad as you assert, below his usual high standards but I’d say those variables you allude to are understandable and give the guy a pass....

absolute monster of a player!

coupled with being an extremely intelligent individual off the field, he speaks 4 languages fluently, undoubtedly the transition would be one of ease.... this is the signing where the money shouldn’t even be a hurdle, he puts us right back on our deserved pedestal, despite the wolves in sheep clothing from the Mersey!
And not forgetting, if he was 2/3 years younger he'd probably be over 150 minion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.