It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see the club forking out over £100m on someone with no resale value. A 5 year contract would put Kane at 32. Unless it was someone whose marketing is in a different ballpark.

Can see where you’re coming from.
But ask yourself these ?

Are we a selling club or are we building a club of winners ?
Do we buy players for the first team squad, thinking about what can we sell them on for ?

To me I see the club as winners.
A club that understands the depreciation of a player’s value over the length Contract.

Can see where you’re coming from.
But ask yourself these ?

Are we a selling club or are we building a club of winners ?
Do we buy players for the first team squad, thinking about what can we sell them on for ?

To me I see the club as winners.
A club that understands the depreciation of a player’s value over the length Contract.
I don't think we necessarily look for a resale value but as with anything in life, you always have to balance the positives and negatives. You accept certain risks and walk away when you feel they're too much of a risk. Kane for some isn't worth the risk, however good he is as a player.

With Kane I'm always torn as he's a greedy fucker who can look slow and clumsy at times, while his injury record isn't great.

However, he hits the back of the net at a brilliant rate and it's a habit you cannot teach. His veins are ice cold and he'd score hatfuls for us.

He can also take a pen.

I'm in.

I was probably one of many screaming out for KDB to be taking the pens. Hardest, cleanest and most accurate striker of the ball around and it took us that long to take it from the strikers. Imo pens aren’t a problem now KDB is in charge

I don't think we necessarily look for a resale value but as with anything in life, you always have to balance the positives and negatives. You accept certain risks and walk away when you feel they're too much of a risk. Kane for some isn't worth the risk, however good he is as a player.

yeah this will prob be his last big time contract while he still commands a large transfer fee. If he flops or injuries get him then huge sums of money end up wasted

I was probably one of many screaming out for KDB to be taking the pens. Hardest, cleanest and most accurate striker of the ball around and it took us that long to take it from the strikers. Imo pens aren’t a problem now KDB is in charge

He's not. Sterling took the last one against Watford whilst KDB was on the field.

With Kane I'm always torn as he's a greedy fucker who can look slow and clumsy at times, while his injury record isn't great.

However, he hits the back of the net at a brilliant rate and it's a habit you cannot teach. His veins are ice cold and he'd score hatfuls for us.

He can also take a pen.

I'm in.

Then that's all the matter's Otta ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.