Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollocks. All of the above that you’re asserting as fact is simply opinion.

The opinion is that a credible source disseminated the desire to return - as I have repeatedly commented, the only thing possibly bollocks is whether Garcia's entourage leaked the info to influence his City contract talks rather than it being true. That is indeed opinion however nothing other posters have weighed in on with separate sources refute that. So, the only bollocks is assuming/concluding otherwise

Why would it be natural for a player to want to return? Yes it happened with Pique but it’s not happened with 99% of footballers that left their clubs at 16.

For a Catalan cantera player, the return is always on the cards - typically a question of when rather than if. No point comparing it to other clubs or youth players, Barca is unique in this respect and your coach knows this better than most

There is only hearsay and supposition that he’s made any such feelings known. I know you believe your “Tier 1 source” bollocks but this time last year the entirety of Italy believed Pep was joining Juve.

Any Tier 1 sources support this Juve link? No, so apples & oranges senor

Garcia has said fuck all about going to Barca or wanting to leave City. That’s the sum total of it. You just want to believe the source that bigs up your club (I say ‘your’ but aren’t you American/Swiss??! So maybe I should have said your chosen club).

Garcia is a responsible professional, he would not speak out publicly - also I have commented on but believe what you like. Else, a whole lot of text on your part mixing issues to suit your own narrative. I stand by what I have posted

The opinion is that a credible source disseminated the desire to return - as I have repeatedly commented, the only thing possibly bollocks is whether Garcia's entourage leaked the info to influence his City contract talks rather than it being true. That is indeed opinion however nothing other posters have weighed in on with separate sources refute that. So, the only bollocks is assuming/concluding otherwise

For a Catalan cantera player, the return is always on the cards - typically a question of when rather than if. No point comparing it to other clubs or youth players, Barca is unique in this respect and your coach knows this better than most

Garcia is a responsible professional, he would not speak out publicly - also I have commented on but believe what you like. Else, a whole lot of text on your part mixing issues to suit your own narrative. I stand by what I have posted

you are financially fucked and the dodgy **** who helps you, a certain Mr Tebas is having to resign and will no longer be able to cover your tracks! enjoy your current 700m euro debt, enjoy the new 800m euro loan and Messi packing in in a couple of seasons at most when you will no longer be able to rely on sponsors and his association with barca!

for me if you want him you can have him - but you will have to pay for him however. He is undoubted quality player and you have to pay for quality unless you want to be a club like Bayern who are underhand and get players to run down contracts while publicly tapping players up from all angles.

Time to pay up or shut up and stop using the press as your mouth piece.

As for our stance on it - Garcia signs a new contract or put him on the transfer market and doesnt play first team - he makes a decision and respects the club instead of messing them around (No evidence that this is what he is doing).

So lets see if Barca are as big as they think they are and will pay up - my guess is that they wont and will act like a small club and go the underhand route

If he wants to go then get rid. Simple really.

We have Harwood-Bellis anyway, homegrown, also good on the ball but more physical and quicker. If I could choose which one of the two succeed with us, I’d want Harwood-Bellis.

for me if you want him you can have him - but you will have to pay for him however. He is undoubted quality player and you have to pay for quality unless you want to be a club like Bayern who are underhand and get players to run down contracts while publicly tapping players up from all angles.

Time to pay up or shut up and stop using the press as your mouth piece.

As for our stance on it - Garcia signs a new contract or put him on the transfer market and doesnt play first team - he makes a decision and respects the club instead of messing them around (No evidence that this is what he is doing).

So lets see if Barca are as big as they think they are and will pay up - my guess is that they wont and will act like a small club and go the underhand route

Unlikely, particularly when you consider you got him for free and was fully developed by Barcelona - hence why the player has rebuffed a contract extension, knowing full well the club will not pay a big fee for him. City have invested 3 years, Barcelona a decade. Naive to think otherwise.

Clear Pep & City have made the player feel important and expressed their trust in his future but similarly City & Pep also know that if the will of the player is to return to his home club there is little they can/will do to stop it. Domenech pointed out his desire to return is predicated on Barca showing an interest in his return - if they do not, he will stay of course. Perhaps Pep, like Luis Martin or Adrian Sanchez, does not have confidence this board prioritize his return - we'll see as I have my doubts as well

Brahim Diaz made a 'dream move'.

Garcia is in the Manchester City first team and well regarded. I think he will stay if he believes he has a chance to play in the Manchester City first team. I don't think any young player would give up that opportunity at such a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.