David Silva leaves City after 10 years

My favourite City player off all time,I’ve been going since the early 60s,Colin Bell was my hero until a couple of year’s ago,it’s been a privilege to have witnessed two of the greatest players to grace the English game and part of me is relieved not to be there tomorrow s god knows what I’d be like watching Merlin walk round the pitch at the end of the game.

Naturally I’m biased towards David, as the Bell-Lee-Summerbee era was before my time, but he has to be the greatest player in the club’s entire history. Criminally underrated because of the club he plays for, only one player of the month award in the 120 months he’s been here. There must have been some truly sensational players in the Premier League over that time.

Bruno fucking Fernandes has more player of the month awards than David Silva. Let that sink in. As does Peter Odemwingie... THREE times as many, in fact.

That is truly amazing and its a reflection on the wankers that vote these POTM awards. I loved BLS but Silva for me has been the greatest players we've ever had. Merlin the wizard has given us so much joy over the years. He will be missed tremondously but will live on in our hearts and mind forever.

Last edited:
BTW - remembering last weeks sphincter tightening, cringe worthy and downright oddball tweet of that Dad and his lad giving the dippers a guard of honour next to their TV - please Blues, we all love Merlin but no tweets of people doing the " we are not worthy" bow - or clapping him on to the pitch whilst sat on your sofa - we must be better than that boys and girls !!

BTW - remembering last weeks sphincter tightening, cringe worthy and downright oddball tweet of that Dad and his lad giving the dippers a guard of honour next to their TV - please Blues, we all love Merlin but no tweets of people doing the " we are not worthy" bow - or clapping him on to the pitch whilst sat on your sofa - we must be better than that boys and girls !!
What about muffled audio of us sobbing on our sofa?

I read it on this thread but I can’t find it so apologies to the person who noted it but, Fernandes has most POTM awards than David Silva. Wow.

I’m not sure whether that shows the disdain that City are held in throughout the media and football in general, or the complete lack of knowledge of football. Probably both.

It’s so hard to express my feelings about David’s imminent departure.

Players come and go, leaving wonderful memories of their contribution to City, yet very few players have had such a profound impact on this club. From the time that he arrived, he has conducted himself with grace, humility, passion and fight. He encapsulates everything good about City, and he has done so with unparalleled skill.

It’s been a privilege to pay homage to David each week. It’s been like going to a great artist's studio, and watching him compose a great work of art. He has simply been a genius on the pitch.

The love from every City fan runs deep, and he will be missed. As he quietly slips away to Gran Canaria, there is some comfort in reading what David said: ‘I am blue, and I will always be blue’.

Thank you David for the last 10 years.

I read it on this thread but I can’t find it so apologies to the person who noted it but, Fernandes has most POTM awards than David Silva. Wow.

I’m not sure whether that shows the disdain that City are held in throughout the media and football in general, or the complete lack of knowledge of football. Probably both.
Was me. Yeah, Bruno Fernandes has 2, David Silva has 1 in 10 years. Odemwingie 3, Ashley Young 3, James Beattie 2, Dion Dublin 2, Scott Parker 2, Andrew Johnson 2, DANIEL STURRIDGE 2!??? Sturridge has more than Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.