#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Harry Kane had the chances fall to him that was laid on a plate for Jesus this season he’d have scored 50 goals in all comps. We’re Manchester City and Gabriel Jesus isn’t good enough to lead the line for us and never will be, keep him by all means and rest our main forward so he can bang a few in against absolute fodder like this season (no prem goal against a top 9 side) but when a half decent offer comes in he’ll be shipped off sharp. And you lot will be crying into your hankies mourning the sale of a bench player.

I like his energy, commitment, link up play is good if occasionally pre-determined which causes an issue on a rare instance (i.e. he went for a layoff in midfield yesterday to make a turn but hadn't reacted to Rodri not being where he anticipated and the Norwich players nearly nicked it) but I just want him to add the goalscoring threat and movements of a finisher, he puts that much energy and effort yet it's not always efficient and effective, like there were several cutbacks yesterday screaming for him to be there and he very rarely is. If he can work on his finishing and work on making his movements more effective to key passages of play then we have an absolute star.

If Harry Kane had the chances fall to him that was laid on a plate for Jesus this season he’d have scored 50 goals in all comps. We’re Manchester City and Gabriel Jesus isn’t good enough to lead the line for us and never will be, keep him by all means and rest our main forward so he can bang a few in against absolute fodder like this season (no prem goal against a top 9 side) but when a half decent offer comes in he’ll be shipped off sharp. And you lot will be crying into your hankies mourning the sale of a bench player.
im all for opinion, but don't make yourself out to be a bit of a **** when giving yours

too often is your ancient saying, that's not correct.
and what the hell are you on about? sane?, team gone mad?
your either a rag or a dipper, no blue would garner the hate and look past the good he does that you do.
get behind him and encourage him, there's a lad.

You've rumbled me. I've been undercover on this forum for 10 years!

Pathetic

The same Real Madrid where he embarrassed arguably the greatest centreback of his generation for the equaliser before getting him sent off and banned for the return leg?

You didn't think this through, did you?

I have already accepted that he had a decent run prior to lockdown, which included Real Madrid. He got my hopes up - but again, he's been shit for weeks and has regressed since his decent run and gone back to normal i.e very dissapointing

He's one of the players we could get decent money for and I would take that opportunity if we could

He is no more of a target striker than is Sterling or Bernardo. Sterling has shown that in the same scenarios he is a much better finisher.They have to come into his space to score because he's not doing it himself. Yesterday some quality balls were whipped across and Jesus was nowhere near. I think Pep just sticks him there with a No 9 on his shirt for effect. A more physical and clinical and yes bigger striker would have a hatful. I don't blame the lad ,his effort is good but he's playing in the wrong position. he's quick and skilful but standing alongside a 6ft 3" Centre back is a waste of his skills.

Scored in both games against Leicester

I have already accepted that he had a decent run prior to lockdown, which included Real Madrid. He got my hopes up - but again, he's been shit for weeks and has regressed since his decent run and gone back to normal i.e very dissapointing

He's one of the players we could get decent money for and I would take that opportunity if we could
It's a team game and about how the team plays and how many goal the team score with him in the team, we score plenty which is why he'll be a key team member as long a Peps here, probably longer. Like it or don't he isn't going anywhere.

Jesus is a fucking steal for a no.2 striker. We just need a partner for him. The best I've seen us play is that Liverpool 5-0 at home. Mendy wing-back, Aguero and Jesus up front. Hope we return to that later in the CL.

People judge him on Aguero, Kane, or Lewandowski lol.

Look at the company he's already in... only him and Mbappe are under 25yo.

Top goals per game averages in UEFA Champions League group stage to final

0.83: Harry Kane (Tottenham) – 20 goals in 24 games
0.81: Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 114 goals in 141 games
0.77: Ruud van Nistelrooy (PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, Real Madrid) – 56 goals in 73 games
0.76: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Real Madrid) – 128 in 169 games
0.74: Robert Lewandowski (Dortmund, Bayern München) – 64 goals in 86 games
0.70: Roberto Soldado (Real Madrid, Valencia) – 16 goals in 23 games
0.62: Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City) – 13 goals in 21 games
0.61: Neymar (Barcelona, Paris) – 35 goals in 57 games
0.61: Vincent Aboubakar (Porto, Beşiktaş) – 14 goals in 23 games
0.59: Kylian Mbappé (Paris) – 19 goals in 32 games
0.59: Mario Gomez (Stuttgart, Bayern München) – 26 goals in 44 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.