The David Silva Stand?

I think renaming a stand would have to be done long in the future when the true impact of these players can be realised.

Statues should definitely be put up of Silva, Aguero and Kompany. De Bruyne they could put his legs in, but wait to do his head until he's won us the CL next month!

For me and many others David Silva has been the best and most watchable player of this era. He has also proved himself to be an exemplary role model off it and a very humble human being to boot.
There have been many other very important individuals (Zaba, Yaya,Kompany and Kun most prominently) but none of them can match the magic that Silva brought to the game.
Colin Bell was the standout individual of his era and in many ways his demeanour on and off the pitch was quite similar to Silva’s, a quiet and very modest man, and he rightly has a stand to his name.
It is only right that David Silva should be honoured in the same way.
Please do it City.

One of the finest sporting role models in the history of football.

The respect this little guy from the Canaries has earnt is incredible.

To come to a dark northern city , to completely integrate and become a sporting icon to all sides is a wonderful testament to the man.

I hope we do retire no 21, and maybe create a David Silva award for not only sporting excellence but excellence as a great human being.

A tribute, of some sort? Definitely.
A stand named after him? No!
Can’t get my head around posts like this.

Why “no”?

Are you worried the reds will take the piss?

Are you secretly ashamed that Colin Bell has a stand named after him?

If the West Stand was renamed The David Silva stand would you look at it and think “what a terrible decision that was”?

Can’t get my head around posts like this.

Why “no”?

Are you worried the reds will take the piss?

Are you secretly ashamed that Colin Bell has a stand named after him?

If the West Stand was renamed The David Silva stand would you look at it and think “what a terrible decision that was”?
Bit harsh for Colin to lose his stand when there are three other unnamed stands to choose from.

I like the idea of the East becoming the David Silva stand to mirror exactly the Colin Bell Stand (both being along the touchline not behind goal) and keeping the North and South free for later down the line.

Whatever happens we surely must retire 21, or at least any player wanting it has it only with Dave's blessing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.