Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fcbarc will be disappointed when Garcia signs a new 5 year contract.

I was disappointed when he left and even then I recognized it would be an uphill effort for him to eventually return. Cantera kids always want to return eventually unless they were pushed out, not the case with Eric

For now, it would only please me if he returned - the disappointment has passed in terms of his loss

Edu Polo who basically speaks for the board reported this today which I believe means it is unlikely the player will be signing an extension anytime soon:

Barca absolutely want to sign Eric Garcia: this summer or next year free.

Barca know Pep absolutely wants to keep him but the club are offering the player to:
- return home, where his family lives
- be Piqué's heir

Eric Garcia knows that Pep will not stay forever at City. He is considering the offer from Barcelona

Barca would propose a small fee (1 year remaining on contract), trade or wait until 2021 for him to arrive for free (Effectively in January).

Last edited:
Elections are coming up for their presidency next year, i think they are trying to use Garca here. On the flip side, Pep is giving him game time to prove to him that he is going to be one of the main guys at City. Think he'll sign a new contract tbh.

Do what we can to make him stay; Laporte, Koulibaly, Ake, Garcia would be infinitely better than what we have now.

I was disappointed when he left and even then I recognized it would be an uphill effort for him to eventually return. Cantera kids always want to return eventually unless they were pushed out, not the case with Eric

For now, it would only please me if he returned - the disappointment has passed in terms of his loss

Edu Polo who basically speaks for the board reported this today:

Barca absolutely want to sign Eric Garcia: this summer or next year free.

Barca know Pep absolutely wants to keep him but the club are offering the player to:
- return home, where his family lives
- be Piqué's heir

Eric Garcia knows that Pep will not stay forever at City. He is considering the offer from Barcelona

Barca would propose a small fee (1 year remaining on contract), trade or wait until 2021 for him to arrive for free (Effectively in January).

its actually amazing watching barca financially fall apart to be honest!

its actually amazing watching barca financially fall apart to be honest!

There are those who love to watch things burn. I am sure there are many who feel similarly about what is happening in the US too. Fortunately, elections are coming and a course correction is still possible...for Barca

Harsh as it may seem, if he is interested in a move we should sell him IMO. We'd probably get 20-25m euros, considering what Brahim went for with 6 months left.

With Laporte and potentially Koulibaly and Ake replacing Stones and Otamendi, we would have 3 great centre backs. Garcia would be 4th choice. If he's anything less than 100% committed (and I'm not having a go at the lad, he's always given 110% and put his body on the line), i'd rather use Tosin and Taylor as our backups. Both club trained City fans who will bleed for the badge and not have their heads turned. That's worth something IMO.

Nail on the head. Think we’re better off selling Tosin with a buyback and promoting Taylor to 4th choice. Otherwise I agree with everything.

I’d love Eric to stay and sign a long term contract to keep him at City for the next few years, but I’m actually a lot more relaxed about him leaving than I expected.

We’re clearly planning to bring in 2 centre backs this summer, and we have a starter in Laporte already - so we’re essentially talking about our 4th choice for next season here.

And we’re lucky that right now we have three promising young players with potential for that role - Garcia, Tosin and Harwood-Bellis.

Just like FCBarca would take greater satisfaction in his club bringing back a cantera kid than another Lenglet type signing at CB, I’d take far greater satisfaction seeing the promise of Tosin or Harwood-Bellis flourish at City than I would with Garcia. As genuine academy graduates and actual City fans, it would mean a lot more to see them become the future than a Barca product.

I should say, this isn’t a comment on their quality vs Garcia - I don’t think we’ve seen enough of any of the three to judge that conclusively yet. But if reports of him wanting to go home are true, I’d force the issue this summer - and I’d be pretty relaxed about giving the opportunity of 4th choice to one of the other kids instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.