Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am nervous about Ferdy at centre half but understand why Pep might not risk Garcia. Ferdy is just not a centre half and is short of match fitness. The Norwich players waltzed past him a couple of times yesterday as if he wasn't there. I think this is Pep's toughest decision. Garcia and Laporte look like they are building a partnership. I am glad I don't have to make this decision. I think the rest of the team picks itself after the last few games. I reckon he'll start with Rodri with the option of bringing Gundo on if we need to slow things down.

I am nervous about Ferdy at centre half but understand why Pep might not risk Garcia. Ferdy is just not a centre half and is short of match fitness. The Norwich players waltzed past him a couple of times yesterday as if he wasn't there. I think this is Pep's toughest decision. Garcia and Laporte look like they are building a partnership. I am glad I don't have to make this decision. I think the rest of the team picks itself after the last few games. I reckon he'll start with Rodri with the option of bringing Gundo on if we need to slow things down.
I'd much prefer Fernandinho to play,he may be half a yard slower but his footballing brain makes up for that. Always difficult to predict Pep's line up but i think this one is more predictable.
Ederson
Walker Fernandinho Laporte Cancelo
Debruyne Rodri Silva
Marhez Jesus Sterling

Why would Pep change the system from the 1st leg and start with a more attacking one?

Given our problems at CB, Rodri plus Gundy is about a system capable of providing stability, not about individuals. Gundy can play at DM, Silva can't. A formation with Silva instead of Gundy and a proper 9 instead of a false 9 would be doubly removed from the formation Pep started with in Madrid.

It's a possibility, Jesus on the left, Sterling on the right with Kev and Phil or Bernardo playing as 10's.

I'd much prefer Fernandinho to play,he may be half a yard slower but his footballing brain makes up for that. Always difficult to predict Pep's line up but i think this one is more predictable.
Ederson
Debruyne Rodri Silva
Marhez Jesus Sterling
I agree with your line-up but I think Pep will be sweating about centre half. Ferdy just looks out of place at the back. He and Garcia don't have enough pace. Ferdy has the experience but is a real risk (not least in giving away penalties). I also think he may start Foden with Marhez on the bench. It looks like Cancelo may have sorted the left back slot for now though. He has been excellent in the last two games.

Ederson
Debruyne Rodri Silva
Marhez Jesus Sterling

Other than Foden for Mahrez (FFS) id go with this

According to James Ducker at the Telegraph.

Assuming that means no way to watch it, touch wood no injuries.

I would guess he wants to test the starting XI (Cancelo left back etc...) against more decent opposition.

Wonder who we will play thats of mutual benefit? Wolves? United?

According to James Ducker at the Telegraph.

Assuming that means no way to watch it, touch wood no injuries.

I would guess he wants to test the starting XI (Cancelo left back etc...) against more decent opposition.

Wonder who we will play thats of mutual benefit? Wolves? United?

Good point; most teams on the virtual beach now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.