Hiking thread

Blencathra via Sharp Edge, great fun on a wet and windy day.
Actually saw a young family attempting that route in massively inappropriate footwear. 2 young kids in wellies, bloke in a pair of Adidas Superstars and wife in court shoes. They were politely advised to turn around.

Lakeland limestone gets pretty slippy in the wet, and given it was a pretty damp day they probably would have ended up needing rescuing.

Met similar on Crib Goch.

I'm a keen hillwalker and I've been working through my munros. At around the 50 mark.

If you ever plan on coming up to Scotland (meet quite alot of walkers that travel up each w/e from as far as London) you can use www.walkhighlands.co.uk to plan your routes etc.

My personal favourite would be the Glen Etive Valley just off of the famous Glen Coe. Its actually where the famous scene of Bond and M as they stop the car in Skyfall was set.

Being from England, I've no idea what this 'hiking' is but I can strongly recommend some fell walking in the north Lakes. Worth just seeing how many of the Wainwrights you can do because it simply doesn't get any better than that.

Not exactly close location wise but the 3 of the best hikes I've done are:

Milford Sound Track, New Zealand. Known as one of the best hikes in the world for a good reason.
12.jpg

Everest Base Camp Trek. Amazing scenery, gets challenging with altitude. Quite touristy though. My mates have done Annapurna Track and said it was fantastic.
itinerary_mobi_Nepal_20170318_094637.jpg

Norway Pass, Mt St Helens, Washington State. Short hike rewarded with beautiful views of Mt St Helens ( and Mt Adams and Mt Hood in the distance). I tried to hike up Mt St Helens but I missed out on one of the daily permits.
pomo_0616_star_treks_mount_margaret_via_northway_pass_vbmtid.jpg

V_NwrRywXifggVTKOYWj0YbrWoEKVz3CnK7zXfibOQeM_ESWwqxa1bwgaZkLqmwPLWGoGRRwFRi6QQEwJdUG3RqrzHYpm6colNQJdKdsC9gkrGo3Ndm2qq28Sg

Hopefully these pics might inspire any fellow hikers out there. It's a big, beautiful world.

Last edited:
Not exactly close location wise but the 3 of the best hikes I've done are:

Milford Sound Track, New Zealand. Known as one of the best hikes in the world for a good reason.
12.jpg

Everest Base Camp Trek. Amazing scenery, gets challenging with altitude. Quite touristy though. My mates have done Annapurna Track and said it was fantastic.
itinerary_mobi_Nepal_20170318_094637.jpg

Norway Pass, Mt St Helens, Washington State. Short hike rewarded with beautiful views of Mt St Helens ( and Mt Adams and Mt Hood in the distance). I tried to hike up Mt St Helens but I missed out on one of the daily permits.
V_NwrRywXifggVTKOYWj0YbrWoEKVz3CnK7zXfibOQeM_ESWwqxa1bwgaZkLqmwPLWGoGRRwFRi6QQEwJdUG3RqrzHYpm6colNQJdKdsC9gkrGo3Ndm2qq28Sg

Hopefully these pics might inspire any fellow hikers out there. It's a big, beautiful world.
That top pick!! Want to take my wetsuit and go for a dip in that! Looks amazing.

Being from England, I've no idea what this 'hiking' is but I can strongly recommend some fell walking in the north Lakes. Worth just seeing how many of the Wainwrights you can do because it simply doesn't get any better than that.
Well worth getting a copy of Wainwright’s some great walks from Wasdale and Eskdale

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.