Holiday advice

TUI:

From Monday 27th July, flights to the Balearic and Canary Islands will continue as planned. So, if you’ve got a holiday booked to one of these islands and are happy to quarantine when you arrive back in the UK, you can still go on your holiday. If you don’t want to quarantine, you will of course be able to cancel or amend your holiday – we’ll be in touch to discuss your options.

Last edited:
So you are happy to potentially spread it there ?

Assume that if you're concerned by spreading the disease then you haven't left your house in months?

Utter shitshow from the government. It's like the Spanish authorities telling their citizens they can't travel to Belfast cos of the spike in Leicester.

The world has to open up again, it's going to be a long, slow process and no doubt some countries will remain closed for a long time, but people have to roam about again eventually.
I went to Majorca recently and had a great week, followed all the guidelines and local restrictions. No drama at all and the Spanish staff I encountered were very happy to see us returning.
The fact that our powers that be have essentially blacklisted the Spanish islands despite the case numbers being tiny is just absurd and it's like they want to send the travel industry to the wire.

If people want to stay home and are not comfortable with travelling then thats absolutely fine, but equally there are many people ready willing and able to travel and the government are completely shafting us and the industry.

Assume that if you're concerned by spreading the disease then you haven't left your house in months?

Utter shitshow from the government. It's like the Spanish authorities telling their citizens they can't travel to Belfast cos of the spike in Leicester.

The world has to open up again, it's going to be a long, slow process and no doubt some countries will remain closed for a long time, but people have to roam about again eventually.
I went to Majorca recently and had a great week, followed all the guidelines and local restrictions. No drama at all and the Spanish staff I encountered were very happy to see us returning.
The fact that our powers that be have essentially blacklisted the Spanish islands despite the case numbers being tiny is just absurd and it's like they want to send the travel industry to the wire.

If people want to stay home and are not comfortable with travelling then thats absolutely fine, but equally there are many people ready willing and able to travel and the government are completely shafting us and the industry.

Its a money grab, they dont want you spending your cash abroad. Get fleeced here instead!

The utter drivel this government has churned out from the onset is absolutely jaw dropping. The fact that the other lot would have been even worse shows what a third world banana republic like hovel the UK has turned into.

We would be better off with Putin!

So we can have VE day street parties doing the conga with randomers, mass protests, groups of 20 mates meeting in the pub, mass car gatherings on the M60 and work out in gyms which are dirty as fuck. But heaven forbid the selfish bastards who haven't had a single day off this year want to lounge round the pool and see a bit of sunshine for a week.

Totally agree mate it's a fucking joke.
Tenerife is 1450 miles from Madrid. It's like noone at Whitehall has a fucking map.
I had Tenerife booked for mid October with TUI but I'm going to cancel it.

It doesn't feel right to have a holiday, perhaps its utterly selfish of me. I'll give the money to charity but like others I wanted a break away.
I feel desperately sorry for the people who have to quarantine, this government is a shambles.
I'd rather have Corbyn in charge at the moment. Twats.

Good to know, what about the other 600k estimated that was over there when the new quarantine rules came in?

What's your point exactly?
I'm referring to the Canary islands not mainland Spain. The Islands have very low numbers of cases.

TUI:

From Monday 27th July, flights to the Balearic and Canary Islands will continue as planned. So, if you’ve got a holiday booked to one of these islands and are happy to quarantine when you arrive back in the UK, you can still go on your holiday. If you don’t want to quarantine, you will of course be able to cancel or amend your holiday – we’ll be in touch to discuss your options.
TUI have cancelled all package holidays to Spain.

Personally don't have a lot of sympathy, nobody is stopping you from going - you just need to isolate on your return? Regardless of peoples desperation to get 'back to normal' this virus hasn't vanished ffs. People should be flying less anyway, totally fucks the planet.

I had backed this government but enough is enough.
Seriously wtf? Tenerife is 1250 Miles away from Madrid and has barely any infections just like most of the Canary islands.
Does anyone in Whitehall have a map?
Their should be a travel corridor between the Canaries and the UK.
People are fed up and deserve a fucking break away from this shithole of a country.
Absolutely disgusting decision from this clueless government.

How is the government t supposed to know where you have traveled, once you've arrived in Spain?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.