Raheem Sterling | City's 11th top goalscorer of all time

Always thought It a shame Kendall left us.
I was absolutely devastated, as I really thought we were going somewhere under him.

After the fight to escape relegation the previous season, we’d started playing some great football and were riding high in the table.

He should never have gone back to Goodison. It was a terrible mistake.

I was absolutely devastated, as I really thought we were going somewhere under him.

After the fight to escape relegation the previous season, we’d started playing some great football and were riding high in the table.

He should never have gone back to Goodison. It was a terrible mistake.

Fully agreed pal.

The goal yesterday took him to 99 goals for City meaning it's very likely he'll be the next player to join the 100 club, hopefully next week against Madrid..

He's 25 years old and has a contract until 2023, which I hope we will renew within the next year, assuming he wants to.

So where will be finish in our list of all time scorers? (List below) For me the way his goalscoring has come on, not unrealistic to think he's going to hit 200 for us, which will put him 2nd. I think challenging Kun might be a stretch though.

1. Sergio Aguero - 254
2. Eric Brook - 177
3. Tommy Johnson - 166
4. Colin Bell - 153
4. Joe Hayes - 153
6. Billy Meridith - 151
7. Francis Lee - 148
8. Tommy Browell - 139
9. Billy Gillespie - 132
9. Fred Wilson - 132
11. Alec Herd - 126
12. Horace Barnes - 125
13. Frank Roberts - 124
14. Dennis Tueart - 109
15. Neil Young - 108
16. Shaun Goater - 103
17. Raheem Sterling - 99
18. David White - 95
19. Irvine Thornley - 93
20. Yaya Toure - 81
21. Bobby Marshall - 80
21. George Smith - 80
21. Peter Doherty - 80
24. Colin Barlow - 79
24. Roy Clarke - 79
26. David Silva - 77
26. Niall Quinn - 77
28. Ernie Toseland - 75
29. Carlos Tevez - 74
29. Lot Jones - 74

34. Gabriel Jesus - 67
40. Kevin De Bruyne - 56
79. Bernardo Silva - 30
93. Riyad Mahrez - 25
98. Fernandinho - 23
145. Phil Foden - 15

[source: www.statcity.co.uk]

Added a few more for those interested.

Are these League goals only or total?

Always thought It a shame Kendall left us.
Totally agree, with time and shrewd signings we could have pushed for honours under HK. Kept us up initially with some unpopular signings but made us harder to beat in doing so. Although Reid gets a lot of credit in some quarters if Kendall had stayed until 1993 we could have had some elusive silverware.

If he really really worked on his finishing with both feet, he could score 45 goals a season for us with the amount of chances we create and the amount of chances Raheem actually has.

Seems a lot, but no team in English football has ever created as many chances as we do and Raz starts more games than anyone in the squad other than Ederson.

Realistically all our front players should be on 35 goals a season. With the amount of chances we create and the excellent build-up play and quality of assists - look at de Bruyne: 33 goal scoring chances created but only 20 assists!

Raheem could realistically get well over 300 goals for City if he wanted to. He’s of the physical build where he’ll be able to keep his sharpness well into his 30s (like Fernandinho’s, rather than Yaya’s, 1500m runner physique).

But he has to work on his finishing with both feet!

Totally agree, with time and shrewd signings we could have pushed for honours under HK. Kept us up initially with some unpopular signings but made us harder to beat in doing so. Although Reid gets a lot of credit in some quarters if Kendall had stayed until 1993 we could have had some elusive silverware.

Yep, for sure. Reid was also good for us, especially when compared to some of our other managers, but at that time, Kendall was the big loss for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.