The David Silva Stand?

Would love this. Like a Holywood Boulevard job but with statues outside the ground. These 4 deserve it not to mention a few from further back in our history. I once called Vinny a Rolls Royce of a CB years back at work and got laughed at, his parting strike against Leicester if captured in a statue would be my preference so we don't forget what he could also do with the ball at his feet. For Yaya, a freeze frame of him striding forward showing his immense presence. Silva, that volley pass for Dzeko in the 6-1 and Aguero, the shirt off celebration vs QPR. Come on city, pull the finger out and get it done. Unveiling all for David's testimonial once it comes.

Kompany: The 2012 goal celebration vs Utd
Zabaleta: Tackle, but with bandaged head, or maybe his shot for 1-0 vs QPR?!
Yaya: Agreed, or the FA Cup Final goal v Stoke
Aguero: the split second when he strikes the ball for that goal. Such a perfect striker moment, although wheeling away waving his shirt in the air would be pretty special, too.
Silva: a balanced turn away to his left, cradling the ball with the outside of his left foot as he protects it, while glancing up for the pass.

That move is literally “his move,” (The Silva Turn) much like the “Cruyff turn” is named for the man who perfected it in the normal course of a game.

6cqMXCuU1N72AF1u9

Kompany: The 2012 goal celebration vs Utd
Zabaleta: Tackle, but with bandaged head, or maybe his shot for 1-0 vs QPR?!
Yaya: Agreed, or the FA Cup Final goal v Stoke
Aguero: the split second when he strikes the ball for that goal. Such a perfect striker moment, although wheeling away waving his shirt in the air would be pretty special, too.
Silva: a balanced turn away to his left, cradling the ball with the outside of his left foot as he protects it, while glancing up for the pass.

That move is literally “his move,” (The Silva Turn) much like the “Cruyff turn” is named for the man who perfected it in the normal course of a game.

6cqMXCuU1N72AF1u9
All at the forefront of our minds when we think of these legends. We all know exactly these moments you mentioned. They need to be immortalised

He is already thinking about the day he finishes his City career and only wants to be remembered by the fans for his football. He is a humble man.

Personally I believe a more lasting memorial from the club is needed. Naming one of the pitches at the CFA as they did for Yaya somehow doesn't feel enough.

He will have played more times in the Premier League and Champions League by the time he finishes than any other City player & been at the club for 10 years. He has won 3 League titles already.

I am biased towards my amigo so what do you guys think? A fitting tribute or over the top?
I think he is a City God, but not his own stand, yet, and I am not sure how it sits with Vinny (for example) not having a stand. The Colin Bell stand was named decades after Colin finished playing. Too soon for the David Silva stand, but I love him to bits. Best equal City player ever in my lifetime. What I would pay to have seen David and Colin play together in their prime. First trip I will take if the Mrs gets me a tardis for Christmas

Last edited:
I think he is a City God, but not yet, and I am not sure how it sits with Vinny (for example) not having a stand. The Colin Bell stand was named decades after Colin finished playing. Too soon for the David Silva stand, but I love him to bits.
I'd agree with this. David Silva will go down in history as a CIty legend, of course. He is already a legend but it just seems too soon to be naming stands after him. Colin Bell is a historical legend, David Silva is still playing. He hasn't even left CIty, yet. I get that everyone loves Silva and we're all emotional to see him leave but, in my opinion, naming stands in his honour feels a little bit premature.

I'd agree with this. David Silva will go down in history as a CIty legend, of course. He is already a legend but it just seems too soon to be naming stands after him. Colin Bell is a historical legend, David Silva is still playing. He hasn't even left CIty, yet. I get that everyone loves Silva and we're all emotional to see him leave but, in my opinion, naming stands in his honour feels a little bit premature.

Yes, it is always better to wait until everybody who remembers him for his play, is dead and gone and then do it.

Last edited:
Yep, like the queen honoring a sportsperson whilst they still compete, especially knighthood, sir Andy Murray for instance.
Statue of him fist pumping in the best away kit ever

I think he is a City God, but not his own stand, yet, and I am not sure how it sits with Vinny (for example) not having a stand. The Colin Bell stand was named decades after Colin finished playing. Too soon for the David Silva stand, but I love him to bits. Best equal City player ever in my lifetime. What I would pay to have seen David and Colin play together in their prime. First trip I will take if the Mrs gets me a tardis for Christmas
I agree with this.

Mosaics surrounding the stadium and around the CFA, yes, let’s keep doing those!

But I don’t think we should name a stand after David.

I do think the 93:20 section of the South Stand is the wrong name, it’s at the wrong end of the stadium, and that the future expanded North Stand should be called the 93:20 stand as that’s the end the club’s most famous goal was scored at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.