Holiday advice

I'd rather the goverment act too quickly than too late. So if there is a spike in Spain, then so be it.

The irony of that, as the Government have done nothing but act slow throughout this whole crisis.
The one time they do act fast is when it is completely uncalled for.

Amusing how they gave people 10 days notice to wear masks in shops, but no notice whatsoever about quarantine on return from Spain (mostly from areas that have far fewer cases than the UK)

The irony of that, as the Government have done nothing but act slow throughout this whole crisis.
The one time they do act fast is when it is completely uncalled for.

Amusing how they gave people 10 days notice to wear masks in shops, but no notice whatsoever about quarantine on return from Spain (mostly from areas that have far fewer cases than the UK)

I know, and they'll make many more mistakes. Holidays aren't sensible at the moment. Was suppose to be in Portugal last week. Even if air-bridge was open I wouldn't have gone and rebooked next year.

I know, and they'll make many more mistakes. Holidays aren't sensible at the moment. Was suppose to be in Portugal last week. Even if air-bridge was open I wouldn't have gone and rebooked next year.

Why aren't they sensible at the moment? (if it's a holiday that is on 'the good list' of course)

For some people they might not be sensible at the moment (elderly, young kids, health issues etc) but for many others they are perfectly sensible and a long overdue distraction from the government shitshow we've had to endure for the past 4 months.

Totally agree mate it's a fucking joke.
Tenerife is 1450 miles from Madrid. It's like noone at Whitehall has a fucking map.
I had Tenerife booked for mid October with TUI but I'm going to cancel it.

It doesn't feel right to have a holiday, perhaps its utterly selfish of me. I'll give the money to charity but like others I wanted a break away.
I feel desperately sorry for the people who have to quarantine, this government is a shambles.
I'd rather have Corbyn in charge at the moment. Twats.

I think the virus has taught us that distance is quite irrelevant in all of this. I bet many of us were saying back in February who cares about Coronavirus when China is 5000 miles away yet here we are 5 months later with more than 45,000 people dead.

We cannot be complacent because clearly it just takes one person in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I have postponed any holiday until October to see what happens because I was looking at the end of August and it just seems a very bad time to consider it. I am working from home until at least January so quarantine isn't a big issue but you still don't want to risk it or have a rubbish holiday because of it.

How is the government t supposed to know where you have traveled, once you've arrived in Spain?

They don't know that full stop. You can fly in and out of France and be in a Spanish Covid hot spot in a couple of hours drive. As Johnson Snr demonstrated - if you want to be a twat and get around the rules its pretty easy. Common sense should apply but when the rules make no sense to start with its hard to then ask the public to apply common sense.

Personally I would not go abroad right now.

Why aren't they sensible at the moment? (if it's a holiday that is on 'the good list' of course)

For some people they might not be sensible at the moment (elderly, young kids, health issues etc) but for many others they are perfectly sensible and a long overdue distraction from the government shitshow we've had to endure for the past 4 months.

Correct. If you are fit, healthy and under 60 then holidays are sensible to the destinations on the airbridge list.

There's a lot of smugness and shaming going on because the media has hyped up the virus. Infection rates in many areas are ridiculously low and it's economic suicide to prevent tourism further this year.

Not everybody has been furloughed either and been able to enjoy time off. I quite fancy going away in Sept having worked relentlessly this year and have seen 2 holidays cancelled.

Correct. If you are fit, healthy and under 60 then holidays are sensible to the destinations on the airbridge list.

There's a lot of smugness and shaming going on because the media has hyped up the virus. Infection rates in many areas are ridiculously low and it's economic suicide to prevent tourism further this year.

Not everybody has been furloughed either and been able to enjoy time off. I quite fancy going away in Sept having worked relentlessly this year and have seen 2 holidays cancelled.

I've personally not been furloughed either and have worked since the start of March. However, I also don't necessarily feel the need to jump out of my skin and fly over to Europe this year either. The government has spent 4 months getting this virus infection down and we've all made sacrifices. Even if you are healthy, it's irrelevant as you can then bring it back into the country - not sure how we are getting into this argument again?

You are still allowed to travel, you just need to accept the fact that there are hurdles to overcome. Australia is not letting it's own citizens out of the country at all, so we have it pretty good here.

The hype and rules are precisely why infection rates are so low because at one point they weren't. The fit and healthy thing is also pointless unless you only consider yourself and not the people around you, this is where people need to be responsible.

If I was going away then I'd isolate when I came back anyway (except for work) just to be safe but how many people will? How many will go away and then come back and see grandparents etc? The behaviour of others could be a death sentence for some people as proven over the last year.

We are all entitled to a holiday but these are beyond exceptional times and I think we all just need to be careful and sensible where we can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.