VPN Advice - (2020 pg12)

Sadly this is increasingly more common. Many services have automated vpn ip logging. For example netflix will now know you are using a vpn and not block you but hide tv shows and movies so you simply do not see them listed.
cunts. I use Nord vpn and it seems as good as anything, but tbh all the vpn's seem to choke the speed a little and usingthe internet with one is like shagging with a condom - good idea for safety, but a slightly worse experience.

Do they know this through the sheer traffic connecting to Netflix on 1 server?
Two methods i think are easy to set up logging for, one is exactly this yes. The other would be banning ip blocks (a large amount of ip's that only differ slightly) Server hosts buy these and allocate them to customers, nord will get allocated these as would anyone else from say leaseweb or ovh. So netflix could make scripts that log these ip blocks and add them to ip tables (databases that check for ip's from these blocks) If yours comes from such a block then it will know you are using a server to access the site and block you accordingly.

I'm thinking of getting a vpn at the suggestion of others but as a total noob i have a few questions.
1) if i choose an American server to watch US stuff will all my usual sites banking, amazon etc still know im in uk and operate normally?
2) can i set it to a uk server and be the same as before but with better security?

I'm thinking of getting a vpn at the suggestion of others but as a total noob i have a few questions.
1) if i choose an American server to watch US stuff will all my usual sites banking, amazon etc still know im in uk and operate normally?
2) can i set it to a uk server and be the same as before but with better security?

1) no - they will think you are logging in from the US, may lock you out, may work as normal, you'd have to see.

2) yes.

I've never tried this before but if you use a VPN to pretend you're in the US and login to Netflix with the ID you use in the UK, will they stop you logging in or only show UK content?

I'm interested in HBO Max and Hulu but won't they ask for a US address for your billing address?

VPN's seem sort of pointless for streaming.

I've never tried this before but if you use a VPN to pretend you're in the US and login to Netflix with the ID you use in the UK, will they stop you logging in or only show UK content?

I'm interested in HBO Max and Hulu but won't they ask for a US address for your billing address?

VPN's seem sort of pointless for streaming.
Netflix shows which country it thinks you are in. So if my vpn shows the USA I get their shows. My mum, sister, and niece all have my Netflix log In details and watch from the U.K. (U.K. programmes) whilst I pay for a Brazilian 4K 4 screens account.

cunts. I use Nord vpn and it seems as good as anything, but tbh all the vpn's seem to choke the speed a little and usingthe internet with one is like shagging with a condom - good idea for safety, but a slightly worse experience.

I'm in Jamaica, and have Nord on 100% of the time I'm on the computer. I'm paying for a 60 speed on my local provider, and I do a speed test almost every day. I'm logged-in to the UK servers on Nord, and I've almost never had anything less than 54-55 speed. Watch all the games and TV shows from UK etc. and never get any buffering/lagging.

I thought VPNs were supposed to block your IP address. If that's the case, then how come I'm still geoblocked on the BBC iPlayer?

1zr6YFT.jpg

Sorry - just seen this. Are you on Nord?? If so, then use UK Server #1735, or, UK #1852. I use them every day from here (Jamaica) and get all the iPlayer/ITV hub/Ch.4 player etc. etc. with no problems.

Having told you this, now, I'm sure some prick from the BBC or ITV will be checking this thread, and will block those servers straight away!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.