The death of VAR

Was watching that Sheffield United goal against Villa last night. What in hells name was Oliver doing - it was as clear as day with the naked eye that it was a goal. Why didn’t he refer it? He was too busy playing Billy Big Bollocks (pointing to his watch to justify his stupidity) because at that time Sheffield United were a threat to his beloved Rags.
Which clearly demonstrates that the officials have become slaves to a technology that is so obviously flawed.

Fishy as fuck all this.

on the BeeB.

Top 5 VAR winners based on favourable decisions. The scum at 2nd, dippers at 6th.
Top 5 VAR losers, the blades 2nd, Leicester 3rd, chavs 4th, city 5th.....

Hopefully someone somewhere does deeper analysis of the points swing but it’s pretty clear the scum were helped hugely...

I never wanted VAR, I prefer the referee to be the arbiter and at least it's clear what the decision is - right or wrong. I do think what VAR has shown is how good our referees were beforehand. Simply put, VAR is WORSE than refs and linesmen.

VAR is a good idea in principle, but it's a been an absolute dogs dinner in the way it's been implemented.

All they had to do was to make it so that if they thought the ref had missed something, he could review it. Maybe allow 1/2 appeals per game from each team captain.

When there is any doubt, it should benefit the attacking team. It should not be about seeing if an armpit is offside or any other.

If they don't change it to something like this, it's dead in the water and is going to kill the game.
Nailed it.
I don't wanna watch my telly to see the ref watching his to look at stockley park watching theirs. And i certainly don't wanna pay for a ticket to watch it outside.

Fishy as fuck all this.

on the BeeB.

Top 5 VAR winners based on favourable decisions. The scum at 2nd, dippers at 6th.
Top 5 VAR losers, the blades 2nd, Leicester 3rd, chavs 4th, city 5th.....

Hopefully someone somewhere does deeper analysis of the points swing but it’s pretty clear the scum were helped hugely...
These VAR stats do tend to take the focus off the more traditional methods of 'game management'. For instance, it doesn't show things like dubious free kicks (Mane v Chelsea, from which the Dipper's scored), or stopping the game for a foul when a clear opportunity to play on would be the correct option.

These VAR stats do tend to take the focus off the more traditional methods of 'game management'. For instance, it doesn't show things like dubious free kicks (Mane v Chelsea, from which the Dipper's scored), or stopping the game for a foul when a clear opportunity to play on would be the correct option.

Yes, or if the overrules were obvious.

As usual, it is the errors that are the issue, not the correct decisions.

Jesus this never ends does it.

guys you need to stop lumping everything in together.

VAR should be a hugely important thing for us. The camera shouldn’t lie. Be 100% in favour of that.

The implementation and the rules are the only issue here, not the tech.

so if you have an issue, stop bemoaning “var”.

Blame the refs, call em out. Blame the rules. But you saying “fuck var” gives them people an out and our fans keep doing that.

michael Oliver or Mike Dean being inept has nothing to do with the tech at hand, stop letting them off by moaning about var.
VAR is a catch all term,the refs operating it are part of the system,it is easier than writing pigmol after every incident

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.