COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So:

28 July is at 2 after 1 day

27 July adds 4 to be at 4 after 2 days.

26 July adds 4 to be at 8 after 3 days

25 July adds 2 to be at 5 after 4 days

24 July adds 1 to be at 5 after 5 days (a new low for a 5 day total since start of pandemic and the 5th single figure 5 day total in the last 9 days).

Though looking unlikely to be beaten over the next few days.

But is that because things are getting worse or just the expected blip day to day when numbers are as low as they are?

So:

28 July is at 2 after 1 day

27 July adds 4 to be at 4 after 2 days.

26 July adds 4 to be at 8 after 3 days

25 July adds 2 to be at 5 after 4 days

24 July adds 1 to be at 5 after 5 days (a new low for a 5 day total since start of pandemic and the 5th single figure 5 day total in the last 9 days).

Though looking unlikely to be beaten over the next few days.

But is that because things are getting worse or just the expected blip day to day when numbers are as low as they are?

Would you even describe it as a blip? Still got hundreds in hospital so unfortunately people are going to die with covid as a potential cause. The numbers are barely changing from what I can see.

More news that will cheer some on here.

Wales added FIVE new deaths today. The most in ages.

All five of them were in the Betsi Cadwaladr (North Wales) area where cases and deaths are relatively speaking at one of the worst levels in northern Europe. Though a lot of elderly retired people live there, of course.

Also 32 new cases from Wales from 3640 tests.

At about 0.9% that's higher than the level recorded recently in any part of the UK. Even England.

You have to have rocks for a brain to believe all this nonsense and fear mongering. People Where I’m from in Bradford have been out and about since the 4th week or so, like practically normal so where’s this second wave we’re always told is coming? The only reason death counts are “higher” in BAME communities is because if a death is declared a Covid death the body is returned straight away, if it isn’t then you have to wait at least 2 weeks.

This has happened to an auntie of mine who died from a long term illness, nothing to do with Covid but staff told her family members that if Covid was put down they could give them the body back fast. Control through fear, that’s all that’s happening.

Also they have announced today that the existing Gov.UK dashboard for data will be replaced by the Beta one from next Tuesday. And the old one will disappear.

You have to have rocks for a brain to believe all this nonsense and fear mongering. People Where I’m from in Bradford have been out and about since the 4th week or so, like practically normal so where’s this second wave we’re always told is coming? The only reason death counts are “higher” in BAME communities is because if a death is declared a Covid death the body is returned straight away, if it isn’t then you have to wait at least 2 weeks.

This has happened to an auntie of mine who died from a long term illness, nothing to do with Covid but staff told her family members that if Covid was put down they could give them the body back fast. Control through fear, that’s all that’s happening.

Until you made the tin hat comment about control with fear. You could have had a point. But id love to know who wins in this scenario. What control can you realistically get. I mean, the big debate is reopening and getting people back to work and normal activities. I just fail to see how this is a conspiracy tbh

So - last week we had: UK hospital deaths 11 with 32 cases (without England)

Today we have 19 hospital deaths and 54 cases (without England).

Decide for yourselves what that means, if anything.

Last week those 11 became an all settings total of 79 when 68 were added from outside hospital.

They also found 560 cases from 142, 559 tests - 121, 694 of them pillar one and two.

Every day since then we have found more cases (though at most only 200 or so more) from either similar or lower test numbers.

We will see where we are today soon.

Looked this thread was filtering down much like the virus was 'apparently'...but clearly there's been a bit of stark upping of the discussions worldwide. From what I can gather there's no real talk of a 2nd wave, more a continuing first wave that isn't shifting. Low infection positive tests per population is still something I can't get my head around given the relaxation of the lockdown and the high profile figures that have succumbed to it.
I'm guessing this is a combination of asymptomatic and (possibly) T cells not showing up in anti body tests.
Also there's no definitive voice on this anywhere...it's all atomised which tends to fox human brains on a quest for knowledge.
Scientists all over the world expect a second wave in winter when the conditions favour all coronaviruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.