Holiday advice

Was due to go to Nerja 8/9. Ryanair have offered us a refund today but mainly because our flight times were changed. We've taken the refund, as much as it pained me to do so. Main issue was that our employers will not pay any salary if we have to quarantine on our return. Seems a bit unfair when we booked before all this started,back in January. Neither of us can afford to lose 2 weeks wages and neither of us has enough annual leave left to cover any quarantine, which is the only other option.
Pissed off to put it mildly.
Sorry to hear that pal.

TUI just extended their Spanish holiday cancellations.

Just had a real result Denis. Tui have indeed cancelled all holidays to the Spanish islands up to and including the 10th August, so we immediately rang them up being the pro active sausages we are and spent 10 minutes haggling over a 10% or 20% incentive discount voucher. Then she quips up and says why not swap your holiday with me Right Now! and I'll give you a £500 booking incentive instead, so I agreed and she remained there whist I quickly picked one out. Safest place for us will be Greece and especially Crete as it's an island we both love and relatively Covid free. Anyway she said we could have our £140 pp holiday fee transferred over to another holiday equating to our already paid £280 + the £500 so a £780 credit. So we grabbed 2 weeks in Stalis (stalida) for £900 with only £120 more to pay. So it worked out at £200 each for a fortnight in Stalis and right on the beach. Stalis is a wicked resort carrying with it an air of sophistication for discerning holiday makers such as our good self and nothing like that neighbouring resort of Malia where the spaced out clubbers rave n chill out. Having said that we did enjoy our stay in Malia a few years back doing the clubs and dry ice, falling in with a great crowd of young bluds who took us under their wing so well done TUI. Anyone having to cancel their existing trip due to the Covid menace then there's a £500 incentive ready and waiting for you. Happy holidays and stay safe.

Last edited:
Just had a real result Denis. Tui have indeed cancelled all holidays to the Spanish islands up to and including the 10th August, so we immediately rang them up being the pro active sausages we are and spent 10 minutes haggling over a 10% or 20% incentive discount voucher. Then she quips up and says why not swap your holiday with me Right Now! and I'll give you a £500 booking incentive instead, so I agreed and she remained there whist I quickly picked one out. Safest place for us will be Greece and especially Crete as it's an island we both love and relatively Covid free. Anyway she said we could have our £140 pp holiday fee transferred over to another holiday equating to our already paid £280 + the £500 so a £780 credit. So we grabbed 2 weeks in Stalis (stalida) for £900 with only £120 more to pay. So it worked out at £200 each for a fortnight in Stalis and right on the beach. Stalis is a wicked resort carrying with it an air of sophistication for discerning holiday makers such as our good self and nothing like that neighbouring resort of Malia where the spaced out clubbers rave n chill out. Having said that we did enjoy our stay in Malia a few years back doing the clubs and dry ice, falling in with a great crowd of young bluds who took us under their wing so well done TUI. Anyone having to cancel their existing trip due to the Covid menace then there's a £500 incentive ready and waiting for you. Happy holidays and stay safe.

Best way to play it. Company gets to keep the money you already paid and more on top and you get a decent priced holiday.

You just have to make sure the price they quote you for the new holiday is fair and reflective of current situation. £200pp for Greece meets that test I would say!

Result!
Just remember to fill in your online passenger locator form before you go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.