David Silva leaves City after 10 years

He's not going to play for Las Palmas, his boyhood club, so I'm not bothered by Spain. I'd much rather still get to see him in the CL, and challenging for more trophies with a club like Lazio - maybe even see him return to the Eithad for a hero's welcome.

Ultimately I'll watch him wherever he goes, but it'd be nice to see him do a little grand tour and enchant another fanbase, another country.

And the style of Serie A will definitely suit him, the pace is slower, the gaps are bigger, the ball spends much longer in midfield. He will have a field day.

I noticed Tare didn't deny having dinner with him.
So long as he is happy,not sure I can bear to watch him in another shirt though

He's not going to play for Las Palmas, his boyhood club, so I'm not bothered by Spain. I'd much rather still get to see him in the CL, and challenging for more trophies with a club like Lazio - maybe even see him return to the Eithad for a hero's welcome.

Ultimately I'll watch him wherever he goes, but it'd be nice to see him do a little grand tour and enchant another fanbase, another country.

And the style of Serie A will definitely suit him, the pace is slower, the gaps are bigger, the ball spends much longer in midfield. He will have a field day.

I noticed Tare didn't deny having dinner with him.

He stated it on many occasions..

For City, two more seasons—what's left on my contract," he said, "After that, I don't know. It depends how I feel physically and mentally. I've always said that I'd like to play for Las Palmas - my local team. But we'll see how things go in two years and take it all from there."

He stated it on many occasions..

For City, two more seasons—what's left on my contract," he said, "After that, I don't know. It depends how I feel physically and mentally. I've always said that I'd like to play for Las Palmas - my local team. But we'll see how things go in two years and take it all from there."

I feel very, very confident he's not going to las palmas from City. It was an option when they were in the 1st division, now they're a bottom-mid table side in the 2nd division it's not going to happen.

It'd be a nice story, but he'd get the shit kicked out of him and they couldn't afford to pay him anything.

I feel very, very confident he's not going to las palmas from City. It was an option when they were in the 1st division, now they're a bottom-mid table side in the 2nd division it's not going to happen.

It'd be a nice story, but he'd get the shit kicked out of him and they couldn't afford to pay him anything.

Am only stating what the man said on many occasions

Spoken to David today at length thought I would give him some time to reflect on Sunday. A few of you have mentioned about you having a lump in your throat when he was subbed, thought you'd like to know he did too. He's not an emotional guy so for him to admit that says it all to me. He has loved his time here, loves Manchester & loves us - City & the fans. I could just tell he was upset walking off.
If he thinks he knows how much he is loved. Tell him to multiply that by several thousand. He has dictated the way the club plays since he joined. Magician, Merlin. We will not see his like again. Now an integral part of our history.

When we first signed Silva I remember he went down far too easily and would look to the ref for a foul and contest every decision against him. I thought he was just another theatrical soft arse European trying to con the ref at every opportunity like so many have done and still do.

But I think Dave soon realised the premier league was not La Liga where play acting is common place. He soon became a very honest player who rode many cynical fouls and stayed on his feet and not make a meal of it. And for his slight stature has developed into a strong physical player who belies his stature.

How the fuck he's never won any individual awards when he's lit up the league for 10 seasons is beyond me!: /

Eh .....strange view !!

Imagine the scenes if he returns to the Etihad as a Lazio player in the Champion League. If it ever does happen would obviously rather it be when fans can attend.

I'd also prefer that he moves to a league where you can easily follow him like Serie A. If he disappears like Xavi or Iniesta then I'll only ever watch future YT compilations of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.