Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he doesn‘t sit on the bench too much. 41M is a hefty price especially in the times of Corona - which is going to make other teams mad again and asking where the hell that money is coming from. Now Koulibaly and maybe a LB and we are fine. But we need to offload players too obv.

With the Sane sale, and assuming United pay €120m for Sancho (of which we’d receive €18m), we’ve actually turned a significant profit.

Hey guys, apologies if this is answered already: if Ake is signed within the next few days, will he be eligible to play for us in the CL this season?

You say that but loads of teams have 2 right footed centre backs and nobody bats an eyelid.

Passing distribution, player movement with the ball and finishing angles are all affected if you do not have balance in terms of preferred/dominant foot in defense

With experience, sure, a right footed player can switch to the left or vice versa - Lovren is right footed but has mostly played on the left in his career. There's a reason why Laporte was bought in the first place & I suspect that's why Ake is coming to provide depth - Pep prioritizes that balance with his central defenders. A big reason why you can bet the ranch the next defender City buys will be right footed

I hope he doesn‘t sit on the bench too much. 41M is a hefty price especially in the times of Corona - which is going to make other teams mad again and asking where the hell that money is coming from. Now Koulibaly and maybe a LB and we are fine. But we need to offload players too obv.

Who cares what they say? It's good business as is Torrres.

We are in the top 6 clubs for revenues in the world and have been for some time (it comes with being the most successful club in the most successful league). The main thing that Corona has impacted is matchday income which is only a small proportion of our overall revenue.

Not to disrespect Stones considering what he’s won with us, but this guy is twice the defender he is. Stones is passive and almost backs into the goal when facing attackers. Aké just dives right in. A real fighter, very physical and most of all, intelligent.

Filling the homegrown quota plus looking at our needs, he is absolutely perfect for us.
I don’t believe City will buy a left back now. Both Aké and Cancelo can play there, along with first choice Mendy who will face serious competition now.
We still need a proper left back. Mendy is a woeful footballer and not the answer. I expect Ake to play LB until we can find a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.