Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carragher quoted in MUEN saying 2 left sided CBs won't work as Today's Criticism of City. He says its looks strange to have two lefties although two right footers are ok.
I am sure that he was one of many so called professional clowns who didnt have a clue about Eric whem he signed and ss a result didnt praise him whrn his ability became apparent. But as soon as he got injured they were all saying how good he was so they could rub his loss in.

So I was having a disagreement with an acquaintance and I was arguing that I would rather have Tyrone Mings than Nathan Ake... am I totally in the wrong on this? What's the general consensus on that? Mings might be worse on the ball but hes stronger, better in the air, I think quicker, hits the English quota.. I don't know, neither one quite does it for me a the level we are at but eh, what do I know haha

So I was having a disagreement with an acquaintance and I was arguing that I would rather have Tyrone Mings than Nathan Ake... am I totally in the wrong on this? What's the general consensus on that? Mings might be worse on the ball but hes stronger, better in the air, I think quicker, hits the English quota.. I don't know, neither one quite does it for me a the level we are at but eh, what do I know haha

I'd only say Mings if we were still under Mancini.

Not under Mancini as Mings isn't comfortable on the ball but he would fit a Hughes team.

So?

Hope we can get this signing done, I think he'll be a great asset to the squad. Familiar with this league, quick and in a position we need to strengthen, plus he's better than all our current centre backs apart from Laporte. Very pleased if he signs.

Just getting caught up here, but glad to see this looks done. Re-purposing the Sane money (plus some) for Ake + Torres right at the start of the window seems good business.

Guessing now we will shift toward clearing out some surplus and the loan Army (Zin, Angelino, Ota/Stones, Herrera, etc.) while working on a right footed CB - either Koulibaly or othewise?
Eric is still young, especially in centre-back terms. He will have times, when he needs to be rested.

He is also right-footed, whereas Laporte and Aké are both lefties. If both Otamendi and Stones are off, as many suspect, that will leave us with three central defenders, plus Fernandinho.

How do you draw the conclusion that buying Nathan Aké means Eric Garcia is leaving?

Not convinced by ake to be honest. I thought he looked average for Bournemouth.

40m for a defender who was part of one of the worst defences in the leagues doesn’t make sense to me. I’d rather just promote Tosin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.