CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Why on earth have der Spiegel got a problem with us? They're keen to reignite this, I imagine because Bayern's hand is so far up their backside. The email they publish isn't even anything interesting, it's from 2013 so probably time barred and doesn't suggest anything about us lying to anyone. I genuinely expect them to try and pass off a child's crayoned letter as proof we cheated next.

There had to be a line between public interest and repeatedly publishing hacked emails which are not their property, obtained questionably and supposedly regarding a case now ruled on and closed by CAS. There could be personal details of the people who work and have worked at city which we fear they could release, endangering them and their families. Der Spiegel's persistence and spite here makes me think they'd happily publish non relevant but personal details currently.

Anyway, enough is enough. Clear attempt to damage us. We could ignore it and it will probably go away, because it's truly bollocks, but surely now we have to be taking legal advice with a view to going after them.

Maybe if we did the rest of them would think twice in future before encouraging such lies and spite.
It’s a catch 22, we go after them it generates more shit and keeps the story in the news damaging us. We just re-state our position and they drip feed more and more shit, eventually sooner than later it fizzles out.

You can almost see the searches they made. - Search all emails from: Simon Pearce to: @etihad.com addresses containing £67.5m OR £8m and go from there. Searches made post the judgment.
Here’s my take for what it’s worth. UEFA made a request of certain documents in the Appeal. City declared what they were prepared to provide. They refused to provide No2 on the list which was “the run of emails” surrounding the leaked emails. I very Much suspect these emails would have been included in those. UEFA were given the option to force the issue but chose not to. As far as CAS is concerned that’s it...game over. If they had any chance of using those UEFA could have got them from Rui Pinto or DS or from City. They didn’t. The end.

Last edited:
If most of the allegations were time-barred or lacked sufficient evidence, what allegations weren't?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.