CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Depends on what exactly CAS asked him. Maybe, as others have stated, he was asked the question in relation to organising payments from sources that come under disguised owner funding rather than payments from other, legitimate, sources. I think @projectriver pointed something like this out in one of his tweets here:

Agreed, I’d have thought CAS would have included that explicitly if that’s what they asked.

Either way, any new emails won’t change the outcome for us.

No. CAS comprehensively rubbished that and that was at the heart of UEFA's case. It makes no difference what Pearce may or may not have said or done.

That's what is so disingenuous about Conn's piece tonight.

New emails cast doubt on CAS Verdict!!!

Except they don't, at all. Even if der Spiegel had caught Pearce in a lie, he might be in shit, but the verdict wouldn't be in doubt.

Why on earth have der Spiegel got a problem with us? They're keen to reignite this, I imagine because Bayern's hand is so far up their backside. The email they publish isn't even anything interesting, it's from 2013 so probably time barred and doesn't suggest anything about us lying to anyone. I genuinely expect them to try and pass off a child's crayoned letter as proof we cheated next.

There had to be a line between public interest and repeatedly publishing hacked emails which are not their property, obtained questionably and supposedly regarding a case now ruled on and closed by CAS. There could be personal details of the people who work and have worked at city which we fear they could release, endangering them and their families. Der Spiegel's persistence and spite here makes me think they'd happily publish non relevant but personal details currently.

Anyway, enough is enough. Clear attempt to damage us. We could ignore it and it will probably go away, because it's truly bollocks, but surely now we have to be taking legal advice with a view to going after them.

Maybe if we did the rest of them would think twice in future before encouraging such lies and spite.

It’s very simple. They try it because we haven’t so much as rapped their knuckles over this.

if I was at city, I’d have already broken both their wrists and be poised with a bat over their balls.

we need to fucking ruin them. Embroil them in so much litigation they’ll struggle to get a weekly rag published due to the strain on resources...

Lets take a reality check here...do you really think the club would have any loose ends in regards to what weve been accused of ? after not only hiring the best lawyers around and taking on UEFA along with some of the most powerful clubs in world football....we were exonerated of all charges this is the fallout from it...you only have to look at the reaction from everyone that had us guilty as charged...I think the club should seriously start to take legal action for defamation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.