Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll improve us significantly, he looks a very accomplished defender and like many Dutch players very good technically too. I don't think his being under 6 ft matters, he's still decent in the air and wins plenty of headers. I reckon he might weigh in with a few goals too, but more importantly he's quick and reads the game well.

Great signing in my opinion. Half the price of Maguire and twice the player.

That is your opinion but i disagree totally. He is already at that standard and has shown his ability to read the game at the higherst level i feel. The nostalgia clouds your judgement imo. Laporte does it in a high intensity league where the level of opposition meets or exeeds that of anything Maldini faced. Would he cut it now, certainly but i stil feel we would be splitting hairs.

I respect your opinion but i feel often nostalgia is a silent bias. The cut and thrust of the prem this day would see Maldini having to prove himself as much as Laporte or VVD game in game out. I suppose the hard question would be who would you prefer, personally i'd keep Laporte but would be happy with Maldini to. They have similar effects on their team imo with Laporte just not getting the attention Maldini did.

Edit: sorry for the offtopic, happy to take this to the Laporte thread, it's a good debate.

What is the opposite of nostalgia? We have to be careful in decrying those of us with delightful memories of old players and the fact that they never played in the current PL. Given the facilities of the current game and the talent that players like Puskas, di Stefano, Maldini had I have no doubt they would have lit up the PL and thrived!

I’m not concerned at all with his height as most goals we concede aren’t headers. Otamendi not much taller than him and yet he won a lot of aerial duels. Stones and Otamendi lacks in concentration and pace, which I think Ake has.

Will be a good signing this. Young, versatile and some good pace which will help in our high line. Seems to have good fighting spirit too.

would a good shot stopper of tried to save sons shot in champions league with his feet ?? How am I wumming ?? It’s a opinion , ederson is the perfect keeper for us how we play but shot stopping isn’t he’s best attribute
tumblr_pzmwoiTwKq1tf8a5ao2_500.gifv

One of the great saves in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.