COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness knows where we will be with the figures today. It was a week ago I first started flagging up what was happening on the GM reports as Stockport suddenly went out of control and as that had long been so low it was a red flag more obvious than places that have had bigger numbers before. Restrictions will not make any difference for a week or so at least unfortunately as we are yet to see cases emerging from past week of behaviour and that might well mean they initially go upward even more.

We can but hope these are mostly young limited impact infections (not forgetting the long term health implications even here, sadly). And they do not translate into a big rise in people being admitted to NW hospitals and then in NW deaths.

That did not happen in Leicester - where case numbers rose but patients and deaths still fell.

But we must wait a few weeks to find out.

Last edited:
We will be in a national lockdown over Christmas. I’m sure if it. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the Christmas one is the 3rd national lockdown. There is likely to be another prior to that. Christmas with only our households. No travel unless essential. We’re on the inevitable path towards another full scale lockdown.

No sweat mate. Didn't think you were having a pop. I suppose that's where the police have to try and step in but how overstretched are they. Innocent bystanders to any illegal party that's popped up leaving it up to bouncers or staff in the pubs to try and enforce the rules. As I said previously as the night wears on the harder that gets. No easy answers I admit. 200 odd people in a pub in Stone where there seems to have been an outbreak tells me the people running pubs have some duty of care to answer to as well.

Johnson again erroneously claiming that the Police will sort this - the Police have already said through this pandemic as things ease they haven't got the man power and intention to do any such thing

Just leaveing the monkey 2 young lasses on orange and soda waiting for a mate to get a tattoo next door, one of them goes to go out, turns and says to mate, " can I borrow your face mask mines with x in the tattooist. And this is why we get lockdowns again
FFS tell me you are joking or they were winding people up

No sweat mate. Didn't think you were having a pop. I suppose that's where the police have to try and step in but how overstretched are they. Innocent bystanders to any illegal party that's popped up leaving it up to bouncers or staff in the pubs to try and enforce the rules. As I said previously as the night wears on the harder that gets. No easy answers I admit. 200 odd people in a pub in Stone where there seems to have been an outbreak tells me the people running pubs have some duty of care to answer to as well.
There is no easy answer as I believe it isn't fully manageable. We saw a few weeks back when the police tried to stop a mass gathering.

I have hated how the Government has governed over this pandemic, but their between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the minorities, and asking for all to apply common sense is about as much as they can do. Sadly, too many have zero common sense

Because you are closer to your family,you will sit closer,hug etc,totally relaxed and not social distancing,this is not difficult! Unless you want to hug a hairy arsed builder in which case carry on
I’ve had a little pop at my Sister this morning about the same thing.

She said she’d have her, the BiL and their kids all tested, and then they’d be alright to go round and see my Mam+Dad.

She saw her arse a bit when I told her they aren’t allowed to do that and then she said “oh but we can go to the pub?”

But when I said “listen, it’s things like this that have lead to these restrictions coming back in, theres no social distancing and no sanitising when the kids are round Mam+Dad’s, they’re hugging/kissing/dribbling/licking/wiping their snot all over them/coughing+sneezing on them both so just wait a few weeks until the restrictions are lifted... do as you’re bloody told!”

She didn’t reply for half an hour and then said “yeah, you’ve got a point”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.