It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe extend Stones and loan him to Arsenal - a year getting regular football might rehabilitate him and get him in the England squad ahead of the Euro's.

If he goes on loan shouldn't be to the Prem. They're the f**kers we should be exploiting for every penny

I think it's pretty clear we want Koulibaly.

If we can't get him for whatever reason, it looks like we'll spend big money on Skriniar, Dias or Diego Carlos.

There's a good chance any centre half will take a while to settle anyway.

Are any of them big upgrades on Stones?

If we spent the extra cash on other areas, such as a new left back, would it be the end of the world to go into next season with Laporte, Stones, Ake, Garcia? With Tosin, Dinho and Harwood-Bellis as cover?

Obviously the club want Koulibaly, and so do I, but some of the alternatives don't seem a massive upgrade IMO.

If we sign Koulibaly then him, Ake, Laporte and Garcia are great quality CBs.

Otamendi will have a decent season at Valencia and Stones at Everton. We won’t miss either.

All of a sudden I'm starting to feel like I'm part of a minority that rates Garcia.
Add me to that list.All of a sudden we should keep Stones because he`s better than Garcia.Thats open for debate ... what isn`t, is how often is Stones going to break down with more injuries.
Stones to go and keep Garcia.No brainer for me.

Last edited:
Think you are spot on TH and Ive said itseveral times myself.

Stones is the better centre half of the two (esp in the premiership) - If Barca want Garcia Id sell him in a heartbeat - he is good but I tiink long term he will struggle int he premiership- playing for Barca in a two horse league most weeks will be more suited to him.

If we can get Stones head right and bring in Ake and Koulibaly (or even plan B to him whoeever that might be) and sell Garcia and Ota then our centre half options look considerably stronger

Neither are good enough now but if you look at their history at the club, Otamendi in 17/18 played at a level Stones can only dream of. In addition, if we look at ROI, Otamendi has provided far more value than Stones.

If we can't get him for whatever reason, it looks like we'll spend big money on Skriniar, Dias or Diego Carlos.

If we spent the extra cash on other areas, such as a new left back, would it be the end of the world to go into next season with Laporte, Stones, Ake, Garcia? With Tosin, Dinho and Harwood-Bellis as cover?

Obviously the club want Koulibaly, and so do I, but some of the alternatives don't seem a massive upgrade IMO.
A decent lb that can defend would make as much difference as a top CB I agree.

You're asking if Koulibaly is a big upgrade on John Stones?? What is happening here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.