COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time 30 cases have been detected on one day in Scotland since June, Nicola Sturgeon just noted.

This time last week it was 0 deaths and 22 cases.

The purpose of these new “restrictions” is to surely combat the spread of the virus and halt the rise of the R rate?

Common sense would then suggest that a full lockdown is needed.

- A house is next door to a wedding venue. On one side 30 people from different households and bubbles can mingle, on the other they cannot.

- You can go to the pub on your own, sit on a table opposite your dad and talk yet can’t go in together and sit at the same table.

It’s not about using common sense, most people would have that, I for one won’t attend a pub tonight and have cancelled a family meal for tomorrow.

It’s about having clear and precise instructions from the government and health professionals which is badly lacking time and time again.

The more mixed and half hearted messages, the more people will refuse to follow them as you will see over the weekend.

You meeting your dad is completely irrelevant and isn't the issue. The issue is you are meeting in a pub and some pubs when busy probably have 50+ people coming and going. Any single 1 of those people could have the virus and spread it to many people in a short space of time, those people will then give it to their families, friends etc.

A wedding can only contain 30 people and I'd expect most of them will know each other and mix outside of that wedding anyway so the risk is contained within that wedding.

Think of it this way - imagine if you could go to the pub and only your close family was allowed in, you can see in that situation how the risk is lower.

The R rate does not increase by spread within local groups such as families because an R number of 1 will still result in that. The R can only increase when there is exponential spread and exponential spread can only happen if you mix with people outside of your family group.

Just goes to show the lack of a single fuck being given by people, 3 guys i know from a local club are all in Manchester on this piss and having a meal with a group of mates. they have just put a picture on face book with maybe 10 of them huddled together taking a group selfie.

They will be the first to moan if they close bars as the next step.

Wales data is still troubling too.

4 new deaths - almost half the England total despite the huge population disparity.

Up from 0 last Friday.

Cases up to 26 from 5491 tests - just under 0.5%

As I noted yesterday in the data Wales is adding more patients to hospital when the other nations are reducing them. This seems to have started to translate into a new wave of deaths sadly.

So UK total today is 13 hospital deaths. Compared with 16 last week.

Later that added 107 out of hospital deaths (Friday totals can be high) to make an all settings death total of 123.

Case numbers for Scotland and Wales at 56 are up on yesterday so do not bode well for the UK cases number later.

Last week it was 770 - found from 152, 133 tests - 134 K of which were the key pillar 1 and 2.

And thousands flocking to the beaches again. This should not be allowed, I just don't get it!!

The 9 England hospital deaths today were aged between 73 and 92 and one, aged 75, had no known underlying health conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.