COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who’s confused about the new lockdown measures that have just been introduced in Greater Manchester. Basically you can’t see anyone inside unless there’s a card reader present for you to spend money

I was working in Bradford last week in the Asian area and no social distances at all , it seems no one cares about the vulnerability of older people

why on earth would people risk killing a family member, same with ppl going out to get pissed , packing beaches

Other towns on watch list not so good.

Will include the pop score so you can compare these national concerns with GM locations.

Leicester 33 (up from 22) and where it was a week/ten days ago. Pop score 1390.1 - by a mile the highest in the UK. Only Ashford in Kent where the Eurostar station is has otherwise made the 1000 club but miles behind at 1043.5

Wakefield at 17 recorded its highest daily total since I have been tracking it. Pop score 535.9 (its spike is recent)

Bradford at 57 was the 5th successive daily rise and also its worst total in the month I have tracked it. Pop score 939.2

Blackburn at 22 was up on 12 but is pretty much where it was a week or so ago. Pop score 931.9

Torridge in the South West is the only health area in the UK with so few cases that it's pop score is still below 100 at just 79.2.

It has only had 54 cases in the five months of the pandemic.

I am sure they are desperate for Mancs to have a staycation there.

Rossendale - by the way - included in the lockdown today (because of proximity to areas with high ratings) has a pop score far lower than anywhere in GM at 426 and has fewer cases across the entire pandemic than some of the towns in GM have had over the past month. So spare a thought for their residents.

Is this a kind of two week don't mix indoors 'lockdown'...mini suppressions more than anything else. Most people I see in supermarkets are wearing masks...the shelves are full, no one is queuing 500 metres around the block to get a bag of flour....
Still not normal but hardly full on lockdown. It's a tough time out there, more for some than others. Rally round mates and marvel at the amount of entertainment one can get pouring out of the LED and internet tube. And go walk in nature. And w*nk more (which sums up my sex life for that past two years).

Which blows a hole in the blaming of Asians solely for the rise in cases , all communities have groups who are selfish dickheads .
Not really. The beaches ive been to have been very well socially distanced. Outdoors , obviously.
Bit different to flocking around each others houses to celebrate a religious festival. Isnt it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.