Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bit is wrong. one plays on the left side, the other, on the right. in Peps system, and the requirements he has, they may as well be entirely different positions. He hates being forced into playing a right footer on the left when Laporte is unavailable, now we will hopefully finally have a right 2/2 balance he won’t be playing a left footer on the right unless absolutely necessary or we see a back 3.

yep pep said it many times BALANCE at the back is key to the build up going forward
stones form is a puzzle maybe a lifestyle thing mixing with wrong people at the wrong times and not listening or working hard enough, it just could be loss of form and needs game time, but we all know pep got no time for any players that is not 100% and they leave quick time

£41m. So, only half as good as Maguire. Not fucking good enough really. Why can't we sign decent players......

hahaha
lets try and get maguire off utd and offer £100 million i think they would bite our hands off

yep pep said it many times BALANCE at the back is key to the build up going forward
stones form is a puzzle maybe a lifestyle thing mixing with wrong people at the wrong times and not listening or working hard enough, it just could be loss of form and needs game time, but we all know pep got no time for any players that is not 100% and they leave quick time

There’s always a gamble with players like Stones, he’s in the same bracket as Mario, all the talent in the world, however, without discipline, dedication and commitment, talent alone can be shown up in the long run..

we pay these kids astronomical amounts, made for life before 25 in some instances, that can literally kill desire and it’s quite common, not just in football!

If we start the season with Ake as first choice then it's a bit underwhelming but if he's coming in as a squad player then I guess it's not a bad signing. It's not really feasible to have three world class CBs because one of them is always going to be unhappy. The price does seem steep but the homegrown status is probably why we're willing to pay it. One of the upsides is that we can finally offload Stones and Otamendi. I'd be pretty happy if we started next season with a quartet of Laporte, Koulibaly, Garcia, Ake.

I don't think he is coming in as a squad player and neither it would be underwhelming. Underwhelming is when you are forced to field a defensive midfielder into cb position because you don't have a cb.

It remains to be seen how he, ll perform here but he doesn't lack the confidence to play for a big side imo. If he can perform well there is no reason he won't be the first choice cb.

There’s always a gamble with players like Stones, he’s in the same bracket as Mario, all the talent in the world, however, without discipline, dedication and commitment, talent alone can be shown up in the long run..

we pay these kids astronomical amounts, made for life before 25 in some instances, that can literally kill desire and it’s quite common, not just in football!

nail on the head matey

and its the young english players that are more at risk because of the system at youth football ? young players of 8 or 9 have now got agents and the mums and dads are getting paid in gifts and money or houses and will pimp their sons out to the biggest clubs. they are given everything for doing nothing but kick a ball about ? and your right come 17 or 21 they are done and lost to the game ? the hunger the desire the dedication and commitment all gone even fake injuries or dare i say use the mental health issue

I don't think he is coming in as a squad player and neither it would be underwhelming. Underwhelming is when you are forced to field a defensive midfielder into cb position because you don't have a cb.

It remains to be seen how he, ll perform here but he doesn't lack the confidence to play for a big side imo. If he can perform well there is no reason he won't be the first choice cb.

i think pep will use a back 3 next season in most games and then use the wing backs as the main players out wide with a front 2 and KDB just behind them, it will look like a 5 3 2 in defence and 3 5 2 going forward

nail on the head matey

and its the young english players that are more at risk because of the system at youth football ? young players of 8 or 9 have now got agents and the mums and dads are getting paid in gifts and money or houses and will pimp their sons out to the biggest clubs. they are given everything for doing nothing but kick a ball about ? and your right come 17 or 21 they are done and lost to the game ? the hunger the desire the dedication and commitment all gone even fake injuries or dare i say use the mental health issue

It’s been happening in American sports for years pal, agents can speculate as 1/10 may become a star, so a couple hundred grand is chicken feed in the grand scheme of things.... my good pals son retired last year, started at City before moving on to the lower leagues then Swansea, never made it at the top level but he has a couple of Million in the bank due to that very speculation.... wrong on all levels but the nature of the beast!

£41m. So, only half as good as Maguire. Not fucking good enough really. Why can't we sign decent players......
Are you on the WUM?

We all know that Slabhead was never worth the £80 million that the rags paid for him. He looks like a cart horse and he is as slow as one too.

Aké, on the other hand, is quick and versatile enough to play in three positions.

He’s well worth the fee we’re paying, IMHO.

They seemed to have an informal tie-up with Liverpool in recent years but blew millions on shit Anfield cast-offs like Solanke and Ibe. Maybe they’ll be a taker for some lads who won’t cut it at City instead
Ibes not a cast off mate, no lesser expert mastermind than John Aldridge assures me that he is better than Raheem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.